Online Sincgars Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Sincgars Training

The RDFRA site has a link to an on-line Sincgars manual. Is this manual identical to the type used by the Defence Forces, or is it referring to a different model? If there are substantial differences could anyone suggest an alternative? Is it possible to learn how to use the Sincgars (at least the basics) by using on-line sources? My unit seems not to bother training on radios so its up to ourselves to learn. Can anyone help?

I do have a soft copy of the SINCGARS TacAid used by us, but I'm not giving it to you
    Na, Na, Nana :p

I'm sorry Kermit, but I fell around the place laughing when I saw your response, but.... Your dead right, I also have manuals, handouts etc. but this is most certainly NOT the place to give out such material.

However all is not lost Western Commando, some time last year a member of the board posted a website with links to American SINGAR info one or two of these links had a program which would test your basic SINGAR skills, I'll have a look for it when I get home and will let you know, the site address.

Comment

I do have a soft copy of the SINCGARS TacAid used by us, but I'm not giving it to you
      Don’t worry Kermit; I wasn’t looking for classified material. I think at this stage that all posters should realise that to give restricted information out on-line is a serious offence and rightly so. What I was looking for were links, etc, which would allow me to learn the basics of the Sincgar without having to harass my Cadre with requests for manuals, etc., on the principal that if the Steyr manual is available there should be something somewhere on the Sincgar.

Stand Fast; if you posted that link I’m sure it would solve my problem. Cheers.

Comment

you could down load something from here

You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Fair play to Big Al he read my mind, I'm sure he was dissapointed with what he found in there!
          This is the link that I was talking about, I downloaded the two files listed below and found them quite good, hope this helps.

SINCGARS

Version Number: 1.0
          Revision Date: Unknown
          Byte Size: 2.39 MB (2.457 KB)
          Home Page: 31UOnline
          Description: This tutorial was created for Fort Gordon by the University of Georgia.
          It is a good tool if used as refresher training for operators who must set
          up and operate the SINCGARS radio set.

SINCGARS

Version Number: 1.0
          Revision Date: Unknown
          Byte Size: 1.23 MB (1,265 KB)
          Home Page: 31UOnline
          Description: This tutorial wins the webmaster's choice award. It was developed by the U.S. Marine Corps. It can also be used as refresher training for operators. This program runs in DOS. Unzip with PKUNZIP to a working directory then run sinc-vga.bat.

Comment

Hey kermit you yhought me and I still haven't a clue.Was that you imparting sensitive information in a manner that i'could'nt unscramble it or was it me failing to unscramble sensitive information diviluge by you.Did you ever find that nice shiny new man pack.Hee...Heee
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

They still blame "some mechanised unit". It failed to reappear some time after said unit left that location,never to return....Allegedly...
              I blame the militaria collectors myself of course.. ..allegedly!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

A man pack was returned allright..just didn't happen to the nice new shiny one that left Kilworth.

As for the mechanised unit I can only surmise who you are getting at......oh that was us.....never knew were mechanised? dosent every body have their own nissans? oh dear shameful? well we can be as bad as we are made out at least we returned all the nissans albeit one was missing its back seats!
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

That link that BigAl posted is dead. Anybody have it?
                  If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

I did. I've looked at every SINCGAR resource on the web.

You are better advised to be taught by a local instructor who will teach you properly.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

What's the big deal with SINCGARS training? What's so secret about it?

Turn the switch to LOAD, set the CHANNEL selector to the desired number, press FREQ, press CLEAR, enter the frequency, press STORE. Hey presto, you have now programmed a channel.

Now repeat the procedure on another radio. You can now talk to one another using the handsets !!!

Easy-peasy, and not very secret. In fact, most radios, (of the military and non-military variety), work the same way !!!

Later.
                      No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Ah..yes but its the selection of the frequency thats the problem,as well as loading the signallers magic dust from the fill gun...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

thats the single channel plain text strummer , freak hop is where its at!
                          When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                          All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

I reckoned the freak hop was too complicated for most folks....besides, we have to have some secrets, eh expat !!!???:D :D :D

Later.
                            No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

I figured if you could google it , it wasnt much of a secret
                              When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                              All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

Working...
                              X