Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New book mistake. One for the Air Corps and the Navy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book mistake. One for the Air Corps and the Navy.

Just to get the ball rolling on the new board

The new Air Corps book “A View From Above” has one of the color pictures in the middle of the book showing a CASA over flying what it says is the L.E. Eithne. However the ship is defiantly not the Eithne. Its Number is F81 so if anybody knows whose flag it’s under please say so, and the editor of “A View From Above” can now say Doh!

Thanks kermit, that looks like her, when you see the photo you'll see it can't be the Eithne

Comment

Typical Irish Air Corps they don't even recognise their own Ships.
      Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Since when did you become so cynical?:p
        I have seen another Photo of a Casa flying over a Perry class frigate..also Identified as Eithne..and I think this was on one of the semi official books...
        That said..the earlies photo I have seen of one of the Dauphins in full livery,it was doing Landing Qualifications on the De Grasse...so maybe they do have an identification problem..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yes it is a Perry class frigate. The owners are believe it or not The ****ing Spanish
          She is the Santa Maria.
          Other point to note that the picture on page152 is not of Helo crew but two of Eithnes crew A/sea Ian fitzpatrick andA/sea Gerry Cousins .photo was taken in 1986 or 1987
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Last edited by posiedon; 27 January 2004, 19:54.

Comment

gerry was first posted to the eithne in 1986 andwas still there when I left her in june 1988 according to my diaries of the time.his brother Tony served on the Deidre for the same period albeit for a period when he was in a car crash in carrigaline on april 26th 1988.see photos of Gerry cousins posted on the PICs site under the LE Eithne page
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The First Ever Post in the Naval section...12 months ago today,Fifth thread ever on the current Board. How far we have come. Thanks to all who contributed over the year.:xlol:

Keep it up in 2004.

This site is now considered the Main Irish Military site on the WEB.
                Just do a google to see what you come up with!

Comment

If memory serves correctly, Tony Cousins was in that car crash with Mick Quinn? As far as I can recall, the two lads (and someone else, who's name escapes me ) flipped the car on the back road to Carrigaline. One of them went out the back window, and ended up quite a distance from the others!

Comment

Mick Quinn and mousey Kirwan....the two were inseprable.....would that be the guy.

I worked with him in boat transport for awhile.....the original OLD Sweat !

Nice to have you back!

Comment

Yep...that was the guy...Mousey Kirwan. The smallest guy with the BIGGEST chip on his shoulder! And yep..you're correct...the Original OLD SWEAT!

Happy New Year. Good to be back. Up the walls lately, not much time to even scratch!

Comment

Here's another pic of a CASA...this time the ship looks to be Spanish
                        Attached Files

Comment

You sure that's not Grainne, or Fola? Looks mighty similar (NOT!)

Comment

Originally posted by sba
                            You sure that's not Grainne, or Fola? Looks mighty similar (NOT!)
                            No,their helipad was larger:D

Comment

now wonder the Dauphin boys did'nt like spending nights at sea...nobody spoke English on the "Perry Class..Eithne"

Comment

Working...
                              X