CQMS Danny Kenny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQMS Danny Kenny

Today we said goodbye to Danny Kenny who, as described by Rev Fr Brendan Madden CF, was "a man who had many good pals, mainly because he was a good friend to many himself." Danny came to 2 Inf Bn nearly 8 years ago from 5 Inf Bn, and was a rarity in that he was a genuinely popular guy. Danny will be sorely missed by many, as evidenced by the huge turnout of family and friends at his funeral, including members of not just his own unit, but also the Fifth, where he is obviously also fondly remembered despite not having served there for nearly a decade. As Fr Madden also said, although Danny joked that he might like to pass away near a bank holiday to get the lads caught for his funeral on a bank holiday weekend, we were not there today because we had to be, but because we wanted to be.
    Danny passed away on the morning of Christmas Day, having been hospitalised on the evening of 21 December. He was 53 years of age.
    Requiescat In Pacem.
    Last edited by Guest; 15 January 2007, 01:44.

Rip
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rip
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Rip
          To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

RIP CQMS Danny Kenny.
            I was honoured to have served with Danny for most of my service..He will be Missed by all the lads ...

Comment

Rest in Peace.
              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Rest In Peace
                I dont have an alcohol problem, im just a social butterfly

Comment

Rest in Peace
                  Last edited by B Inman; 31 December 2006, 21:26.

Comment

Rip....seemingly a loss to all family and friends..
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

A tragically young age to pass away
                      - May he rest in peace
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Rip
                        If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

May He Rest In Peace.
                          British officer: You're seven minutes late, Mr. Collins.
                          Michael Collins: You've kept us waiting 700 years. You can have your seven minutes.

[As the British flag comes down]

Michael Collins: So that's what all the bother was about.

Comment

Rip
                            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
                            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
                            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Rip
                              Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Working...
                              X