Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Eithne sets off for trip to Baltic

Although this is my first foray in to the NS forum

I'm going to St. Petersburg on the beer at the weekend for the 300 festival.

Rumour hath it there'll be an NS presence too ?

Anyone ?
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Eithne will be there but she is almost 'dry' after recent events.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

LE Eithne sets off for trip to Baltic

LE Eithne sets off for trip to Baltic
      The Irish Independent
      Louise Geaney
      03-June-2003
      THE Naval Service ship LE Eithne left its Haulbowline base in Cork yesterday to join in the 300th anniversary celebrations of the foundation of St Petersburg.

The goodwill visit is part of a wider voyage to the Baltic region, taking in Oslo, Helsinki, Estonia and Copenhagen. The visit coincides with Irish Week in St Petersburg and will raise Ireland's profile in Russia's second city.

Organised by the Irish embassies and agencies like Bord Bia, BIM, and tourism bodies, there will be a number of receptions on board attended by senior business people.

Comment

The Russians will know that there one other Navy in the world more badly equipped than theirs. Should be a good morale booster for the Russian Navy!!

Now the Eithne's gone who will lead the fleet??

Comment

Thats not very nice! Have you a special insight that allows you make such judgement? At the moment the Russian navy is quite well equipped,however the problem is morale. That and the fact that they have no reason to go to sea..and no funding to do so if they did..
          Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Tell You what BUD... I'll give you a loan of booties and some waterwings and you can swim in front of the fleet and Lead them yourself..I assume you can manage 15 kts? If not,watch out for Niamhs Bow Thruster..It'll ruin your day..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

My post was not ment in bad taste...just a bit of fun/ taking the pi$$.

Comment

Grapevine has it that the crew will only be allowed ashore in St Petersburg wearing SD No.1 and only till 23:30 hrs ? Russian military requirement it seems.

I foresee some light moments enforcing that, God help the OOD.

Comment

I forsee the stock of aclohol in the wardroom emptying out rather sharply..
                  If its anything like what was witnessed in cork over the weekend...
                  Is Liason Officer another word for Naval Alcohol sampler?

Comment

no the liason officer is the organiser.....pillages other navies mess decks..
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Now I understand..

Comment

Am of to St. Ptersburg myself on the flagship Cornwall, can anyone give me any advice or idea what to expect from St. Petersburg? We'll be there about the third week in September.

Comment

Here is Eithne in dry dock prior to her russian trip. Sorry for delay.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Last time I saw this part of the ship was at her launch all those years ago(almost 20 now)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X