Funniest Incident on a Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funniest Incident on a Course

Changing Hedgehog's course thread to funniest insident thread.

One afternoon I spent an afternoon in a bunker in Camp Shamrock as the local DFF decided to shell the HQ for a couple of hours. That night I was speaking with a former team leader of mine and he told me why we had been shelled.

He was on a 77mm mortar course on the piece of grass beside the Stephen Griffin privates mess. It was a Swedish aluminium tube with a quiver base to fire illum bombs. My mate was doing security while the rest of the course went to lunch and here is how he described what happened next.

"An officer came along looking at the mortars and the silver shells (live illum). He then proceeded to wiggle his arse in behind one of the mortars in such a way that I knew instinctively that he was going to do damage. He proceeded to pick up one of the bombs and drop it down the barrel, he seemed highly surprised when it exploded in the air over Total and even more surprised when 2 minutes later the first shell landed at the edge of the camp wall at the engineers yard. "

Originally posted by Laoch View Post
    Changing Hedgehog's course thread to funniest insident thread.

One afternoon I spent an afternoon in a bunker in Camp Shamrock as the local DFF decided to shell the HQ for a couple of hours. That night I was speaking with a former team leader of mine and he told me why we had been shelled.

He was on a 77mm mortar course on the piece of grass beside the Stephen Griffin privates mess. It was a Swedish aluminium tube with a quiver base to fire illum bombs. My mate was doing security while the rest of the course went to lunch and here is how he described what happened next.

"An officer came along looking at the mortars and the silver shells (live illum). He then proceeded to wiggle his arse in behind one of the mortars in such a way that I knew instinctively that he was going to do damage. He proceeded to pick up one of the bombs and drop it down the barrel, he seemed highly surprised when it exploded in the air over Total and even more surprised when 2 minutes later the first shell landed at the edge of the camp wall at the engineers yard. "

LMAO!!!

Comment

Ah guys, someone must have a funny story ?????

Comment

2 Star camp in the Glen around 1999. Night fighting patrol lots of illum and pyro available - back in the days of the good old FN. Simple enough mission going out the gate at the POL point and head east, then move down the track (that comes out near the back of the MAP) to the FRV.

Platoon is in all round over, platoon commander goes forward to do a final recce leaving platoon sergeant in charge. One private to platoon sergeant, "Sergeant I need to tell you something". Sergeant "What?", "I have tourettes!".

Platoon rolls around the ground trying to stifle the laughter.

Remember that Joshua?

Comment

Ha ha ha

Comment

Doing a cover camp a few years ago, half way through the week or so, all the recruits had just finished their first section attack or whatever they were doing. Waiting in the line for dinner, they (infantry recruits) are all pumped up....saying to each other "I got 300 rounds"..."Corporal said I have the best war cry"...this continued for a while.

I turned around to the other medic I was with and said in a loud voice.

"Remember that fella who came into the MAP with his face hanging off...."

The recruits go silent. "Yeah he replies"

"Remember we had to stitch his face back on with his own hair...."

"I do he said."

Well you want to see the look on the recruits faces, me and the other fella dead serious, well needless to say they shut up after that.

Brilliant!
            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Hi all
              On a night exercise in the Glen, led by one NCO from Gormo, our section was huddled in a ditch, awaiting the arrival into our line of fire of the enemy, who had been heard approaching along the road by said NCO. The genius issues instructions by loud whisper that he would stand up and engage the enemy with his Gustav and we would follow suit with our five rounds, blank, from our FNs. So, we're all poised for the event....our hero leaps up, opens fire at full chat from the Gustav and roars at us to attack. The enemy, instead of tumbling in heaps or melting into the undergrowth, simply stood their ground and said....MOO! We simple culchies, who could count to four, instead of just two, stayed down and rolled about laughing. A lot. For a long time.
              regards
              GttC

Comment

A few years ago on a two star/three star camp, a section patrol went out, the tail end charily saw one of the DS, who was acting as the enemy tack on to the end of the section, patrol came to a cross road and numbered off, but because the was one extra the “HELPFUL” tailender decider that if the Sgt wanted to hear 10 troops answer back he should keep quiet, :confused: so the DS Enemy answered instead, the Sgt went backing not recognizing the voice and was told by the DS to lie down he was dead, at which stage the 2IC Cpl was to take over, but because there was no shooting or shouting the patrol just sat there the 15 minutes until the DS stepped in and told the 2IC to take over the Sgt was dead.
                Now the Sgt was quiet happy to be eliminated as her got to return to base camp and sit there sipping a nice cupper instead of running around the forest.
                "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

On a night partol in a dark foest one weekend our Cadre instructor sneaks up behind useless private on tail end charlie and he promply made his way through the whole partol "slitting" all our throats. Each person thought it was the person behind them apart from thaforementioned private who said nothing about it!
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                    Hi all
                    On a night exercise in the Glen, led by one NCO from Gormo, our section was huddled in a ditch, awaiting the arrival into our line of fire of the enemy, who had been heard approaching along the road by said NCO. The genius issues instructions by loud whisper that he would stand up and engage the enemy with his Gustav and we would follow suit with our five rounds, blank, from our FNs. So, we're all poised for the event....our hero leaps up, opens fire at full chat from the Gustav and roars at us to attack. The enemy, instead of tumbling in heaps or melting into the undergrowth, simply stood their ground and said....MOO! We simple culchies, who could count to four, instead of just two, stayed down and rolled about laughing. A lot. For a long time.
                    regards
                    GttC

LMAO!! legendary
                    Theirs not to make reply,
                    Theirs not to reason why,
                    Theirs but to do and die:
                    Into the valley of Death
                    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

On a exercise with the engineers from Cork and Limerick a few NCO's from the 32nd were attached as they seemed to be short corporals.
                      After the ex was over and we were loading up to go back to camp I jumped up on the back of the Scania.
                      It was fairly packed and a few more of my lads were trying to get on and one bloke was sitting right at the edge of the bench right against the tailgate looking out with space for another 3 or more people on the inside of him.
                      I said "Move down and let the others up" and then continued having a convo with the people around me. A few moments later I looked back over and yerman is still right up aginst the tailgate and hasnt moved down to let the boys on.
                      I say again "MOVE DOWN and lets the others up" he doesnt even move so I then get pissed off the lads are outside getting soaked and trying to cram on and this mope wants a window seat so I roar " ARE YOU SPECIAL ARE YA, move down" the whole wagon goes quiet.
                      I meant it along the lines of do you think you are special that you dont have to listen to an NCO but what it came out as was are you special as in Special Olympics special. Not only that talking to a few guys later the boys wasnt exactly the full shilling either.
                      Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

One of my funniest moments was when I nearly made Bailer impotent, his own fault I might add! He was with me in the fsg, getting down on the ground, lets just say my trailing foot caught on his anatomy somewhere painfull, kinda had to be there but damn it was funny!

Comment

Working...
                        X