war of independence service medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• war of independence service medal

Hi , Would any of you know how one can apply for the war of independence service medal ,posthumous ,its on behalf of my parents who are next of kin to two uncles who emigrated, straight after the civil war , they were involved, how deeply I dont know, is thre any way of checking ? I do know one uncle's company ,and battalion. the other I have no idea except which town he was based in at the time.
    If you have any ideas it would be great,:confused:
    "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Maybe Military Archives in Cathal Brugha Barracks might be a decent
    starting point.

Tel 01-8046457

Although doubtless, some of the other lads will come up with alternatives.
    Give this a bash as a starting point.
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Try Military Archives, Cathal Brugha Bks, with as much information as you can get, names, period of service, unit, where based etc. I'm not sure if they are still being issued, but if they already got one you may be able to get an offical certificate.

Google is your friend:

Comment

Thanks for your info guys, if anyone is interested its the veterans admin section, Renmore for service details.
        But it may take months. still cant figure if medals can be issued to next of kin if no original was ever issued stiil enquiring.:confused:
        "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Comment

Working...
        X