British Army using Steyrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army using Steyrs?

found this pic on a bebo site from an english reservist,can anyone tell me why theyre using steyrs?
    Attached Files

Possibilities:
    Falklands Islands Defence Force
    Airsofters/other similar walting (look at the face camo)
    New Zealanders.

Comment

Not Falklands defence forces they have SUSATs on their steyrs.
      Very little actual brit issue kit (webbing, bush hats), and the bush hats are usually decently shaped and cut down with brit troops anyway. Not that they really wear them much anyway.
      Kits a wee bit wrong for Kiwis, maybe bt prob not. Id say airsofters
      Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

Those are Kiwis.All the web gear they are wearing is kiwi.Uniforms too.With the possible exception of the bloke in the middle front who appears to be wearing some kind of brit smock.Not unusual as the dpm's are very similar and a few kiwis purchse brit kit items to supplement issue kit.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Em i found it on the profile of a friend who was in the royal green jackets,..was his cousin or something,..i'm pretty sure theyre brits..

Comment

Erm in case you didnt notice...he is in the ACF(boy scouts with guns) and has only just enlisted in the green jackets.
            There is no way that photo is of british army officer training, they are pretty strict on wearing the issue kit in sandhurt and none of them are, youre right apod thats the old british windproof smock that guy is wearing, in fact they are all wearing a mix of older british issue kit and 95 pattern stuff, no sign of kiwi issue stuff anywhere.
            Faugh A Ballagh

Comment

Looks Kiwi to..and for that matter,so does the area.

Comment

Kiwis don't use the steyr any more, I understand.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Kiwis don't use the steyr any more, I understand.
                  What are you basing that on?Unless they changed in the last few months,then the steyr is still standard.
                  kiwis using the steyr in east timore last summer;
                  Attached Files
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Looks Kiwi to..and for that matter,so does the area
                    How can an area look Kiwi

that area could be possibly a lot of places

including kilbride or parts of the Glen

But to agree with APOD- the kit the lads are wearing and the uniforms does lead one to

conclude they are New Zelanders
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      How can an area look Kiwi

that area could be possibly a lot of places

including kilbride or parts of the Glen

But to agree with APOD- the kit the lads are wearing and the uniforms does lead one to

conclude they are New Zelanders
                      your such a moan..I'll rephrase...IN MY OPINION!!!

you still ended up with the same conclusion....................................MOAN !

Comment

as much as I enjoy hand bags at dawn over trivial issues of who's encyclopaedic knowledge of different armies camo schemes is bigger etc how about gunner 62 finds out off his mate exactly what the story is?
                        "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                          as much as I enjoy hand bags at dawn over trivial issues of who's encyclopaedic knowledge of different armies camo schemes is bigger etc how about gunner 62 finds out off his mate exactly what the story is?
                          Someones got his period
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Turncoat View Post
                            Erm in case you didnt notice...he is in the ACF(boy scouts with guns) and has only just enlisted in the green jackets.
                            There is no way that photo is of british army officer training, they are pretty strict on wearing the issue kit in sandhurt and none of them are, youre right apod thats the old british windproof smock that guy is wearing, in fact they are all wearing a mix of older british issue kit and 95 pattern stuff, no sign of kiwi issue stuff anywhere.
                            Ha Ha, typical cannon fodder he can't even spell regiment or afghanistan, also according to his site he joined the Army 4 days ago and he's already writing "if I don't come back" comments! Priceless!
                            He hasn't even pressed one shirt or shined a single piece of footwear yet! I reckon he doesn't last the first month of basic training and he drops out with a "knee injury"

safe im rhino also known as jamie im joining the army januery 28th and eny 1 who knows me should know me as a joker and that i love geting a bit pissed. im joining the best regemant in the world the royal green jackets

THERE BETTER BE A PUB IN AFGANERSTAN!!

if i dont come back
                            in the eventuality that i dont come back i want all my mates and family to know that i love you all and i, ll always be watching you.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                              yeah your right..its the first time I've kinda got annoyed about a stupid Fcukin Picture..

Btw..I've already got my period last week..you wanna see me then

Comment

Working...
                              X