Joint training???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint training???

Now in the new Ireland what do you think the chances are of the RDF training alongside the T.A not just the units in the north (I dont think thats really an option )but the T.A. as a whole maybe some from the UK. Or for that matter now that we are getting trained up to serve along side the PDF could there be a chance that we could train alonside units of the US or some other country?...I know its a long shot but its worth talking about.
    More fun than tap dancing on a landmine!

It's a good idea, especially for comparing standards. I wouldn't mind pitting myself against them in a TESS war :D .

Comment

more chance of jeffery donaldson becoming pope
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

not gonna happen. ever.

Comment

This isn't that far out of the question.

Personnel from both countries regularly do courses in each others armies, same with the NS. This has been ongoing for many years.

Comment

joint training

When I mentioned the idea of training with the T.A. I was refering to the likes of the T.A. from the Uk not The north. Of course its to early to even think of taining alongside the northern regiments. But maybe the English or isle of man or even the Royal Gibralitar Regiment.And if not them then what about the French,Dutch or American?
            More fun than tap dancing on a landmine!

Comment

Hmm Gibraltar Sounds Good

Its Unlikely, any training that took place would be at the foot of the Taxpayer so you can but a Big NO!!on that one!
              Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Ok so maybe we may not be able to joint train with the TA but I'd love to have a crack at a course or two. If the PDF can be sent on courses in the Uk, why the hell can't we?

The Royal Marine Commando Reserve Course springs to mind.....

Comment

I'd say its possible were it not a matter of budget.
                  After all the whole neutrality things is all but acknowledged as nonexistant now anyway.
                  It would be great, but money is the problem, and there are still people out there who would make a big deal about it because of neutrality/ republicanism etc.

Comment

Don't confuse Republicanism with Terrorism, Flash!!

Most Irish Republicans wouldn't give a damn! The Queens rule of Ireland as it was before 1916 (or Kings rather) is nothing like they way even the UK is Ruled now, We are a Sovereign state partaking in a common training exercise to benefit both sides, Not a couple of west brits going over to train with the old Enemy!!!

The other "Republicans" Would have a field day as would the Unionists up the North, If the RDF was training with the BA or TA in a large scale you can bet the peace process would be pushed back further!!
                    Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Bah, joint train and then go and bayoent anyone who knows all the words to a sectarian song.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

I think we can all agree that joint training between the RDF and the TA or any British units just wouldnt work, but it is still worth looking into joint training with other (non-brittish) units.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner Al
                          I think we can all agree that joint training between the RDF and the TA or any British units just wouldnt work, but it is still worth looking into joint training with other (non-brittish) units.
                          why? what does that achieve, we can barely get mandays to get units to train as a battalion, we dont serve overseas, we barely have enough equipment as it is for the bodies we have. we do have greater priorities.

someone please end this madness and close this thread
                          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al
                            Someone please end this madness and close this thread
                            Eh, why Big Al?

Comment

Yeah, we all know its never going to happen, most of the stuff we discuss does not, but it still makes for interesting conversations!

Comment

Working...
                              X