Garmin GPS in ALDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin GPS in ALDI

ALDI will be selling the Garmin Geko 201 GPS receiver this Thursday for €130.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Personal review of GEKO system

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

I have a 201 , it's a very basic GPS but small and light . No real manual waypoint entry but if you are only needing occasional grids or loading tracks via PC it's perfect. Battery life about 4 hours at full.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

They also have some good offers on other outdoor type stuff - http://www.aldi.ie/

Comment

yeah i have one

it is basic but works well. like trellheim said, get it together with some mapping software (Google Earth is free) and a data cable, it's good for seeing where you went. its bright green for better visibility too.

Comment

will this system give an irish grid reference or just a lat/ long ?
            the walking traveling accs they are selling includes a good wallet pouch type thing which can be modified into a usefull tac aide pouch well worth it.
            compass is cheap but works and is a usefull backup or a introductory model.
            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

greyfox it will give both - you can select grids for lots of different countries including Ireland.
              its pretty robust so it doesnt really need a pouch. it is the same size and weight as a typical mobile phone.

Comment

I suggest mapquest software...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

"lets hit up Yahoo maps to find the dopest route"

"I prefer mapquest"

"Thats a good one too"

"Gps is the best"

"Hey look there are you"

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X