Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Maritime Museum

Scoping Study on the Creation of a Naval or Maritime Museum

In keeping with the aims of its ‘Strategic Plan 2007 –2011’ the Heritage Council, in partnership with the Irish Naval Service, has commissioned a ‘Scoping Study on the Creation of a Naval or Maritime Museum at Haulbowline, Cork.’ This study (DRAFT) complements the Heritage Council’s key ‘Shared Vision’ to ‘Work in partnership for the conservation of our national heritage through encouraging its accessibility and enjoyment by everyone.’ The draft ‘Scoping Study’ is presented here to the public for wider consultation and feedback. If you have observations on the general substance of the draft study or on matters of detail please contact: Dr Hugh Maguire, Museums and Archives, The Heritage Council: hmaguire@heritagecouncil.com

sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Ideal, and obvious location is the site of the Former steel Mill at haulbowline, with the Hopefully soon to be a heritage site, Spike Island.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Ideal, and obvious location is the site of the Former steel Mill at haulbowline, with the Hopefully soon to be a heritage site, Spike Island.
      I hope it doesn't turn out like the Fort Camden heritage site.
      sigpic

Comment

Advice: Don't let the OPW near it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Advice: Don't let the OPW near it.
          It's unavoidable since they have responsibility for our heritage sites.
          sigpic

Comment

They have responsibility for every government owned building too, and I think we all know how well maintained they are...

Comment

Is/was there not a (small) maritime somewhere in Dun Laoghaire?

Comment

Yeah, Haigh Terrace. An old church. Had to be renovated some years ago. Since it reopened the numbers have fallen dramatically. I'm guessing that the passing of John De Courcey Ireland didn't help either. But it was relatively far from the water. These things need to be as close as possible to the water, Like the Fine maritime Museum in Liverpool.

Comment

Working...
                X