Belated Recognition: a medal at last for Congo survivor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated Recognition: a medal at last for Congo survivor

The whole thing of it is that people who have called you a coward for 47 years can't call you a coward any more. And if they did, you've got a medal around your neck to prove them wrong."
    This has been going around a long time

NO ONE ever thought this man was a coward- at least nobody whose opinion counts

but yet this guy has harped on for ages and ages that he wants a medal

thousands and thousands of Irish SOldiers sailor and airmen served overseas and were

involved in shitty situations

but yet thousands and thousands of us dont start a campaign to get ourselves a medal

MAYBE I AM MISSING SOMETHING

but this to me is the most self serving piece of shite I have experienced in a long long time

in summary

an exer who saw shit in the Congp- is demanding a medal because he was superduper

brave

If you think your brave enough to be awarded a medal why go through all that shite

why not just go to medals r us and design your own
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Who are we talking about?
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

SEARCH

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        thousands and thousands of Irish SOldiers sailor and airmen served overseas and were

involved in shitty situations

but yet thousands and thousands of us dont start a campaign to get ourselves a medal
        I served overseas with a 4th Bn CQ who gave us nothing but fish for dinner four or five times a week. Meanwhile those 4th Bn Knuckledraggers were getting fat on our meat. I demand some sort of recognition for the trauma. It was hell I tell ya.
        sigpic
        Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
        My favourite moment was when the
        red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog View Post
          I served overseas with a 4th Bn CQ who gave us nothing but fish for dinner four or five times a week. Meanwhile those 4th Bn Knuckledraggers were getting fat on our meat. I demand some sort of recognition for the trauma. It was hell I tell ya.
          Of course, they all have had triple by-passes at this point and you're fit as a fiddle, right? RIGHT?
          Meh.

Comment

I f you read " The Irish Army In the Congo 1960-1964" They give an account of him
            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Feckin CQ's eh ? :wink:
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

sure he was only wathching your cholesterol levels. Ahead of his time he was!!

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                  Of course, they all have had triple by-passes at this point and you're fit as a fiddle, right? RIGHT?
                  Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Feckin CQ's eh ? :wink:
                  Originally posted by dahamster View Post
                  sure he was only wathching your cholesterol levels. Ahead of his time he was!!
                  If I was DNA tested in 1993 I would have been part plaice.

On the plus side, entertainment throughout the 72nd's tour of duty was provided by A Coy.
                  sigpic
                  Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
                  red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

....On the plus side, entertainment throughout the 72nd's tour of duty was provided by A Coy.

Tell us more - or maybe your Hog namesake will have some insight ?
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

If I was DNA tested in 1993 I would have been part plaice.

Part shark more like!!!
                      The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                      (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Working...
                      X