Somme Remembrance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somme Remembrance

I’ll be away for July 1st so I want to remember in advance the Irishmen who died in the Battle of the Somme and in particular the following local boys from South Tipp and the Deise.

John Guiry, Edward Hendy, Thomas O’Brien, Edward Darmody, Patrick Casey, Edward Sweetman, Edward Greene, Thomas Riordan, Michael Sinnott, George Durant, William Patchell, Christopher Maber, Edmund Becher, James Rose, Patrick O’ Brien, Patrick Power, William Robinson, Theo Seale, Martin Dunne, Nicholas Cassidy, Martin Mansfield, Patrick Kinsella, Michael Maunsell, Patrick O’Connor, William Sweeney, James Walsh, Patrick White, Edward Hackett, Thomas O’Brien, Frank Forde, Denis McGrath, Peter O’Brien, John Colbert, Timothy Kemp, Thomas Bacon, Maurice Boland, Thomas McCarthy, John Forbes, John Myers and William Keeffe.

Go n-eiri an bothair leo.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Add a personal rememberance

In Memory of

4552 Serjeant FREDERICK ROUGHAN

2nd Bn., Royal Munster Fusiliers

K.I.A Thursday 24 August 1916 . Age 19 .

He was actually only 17, he lied about his age to join up.

jbkenn

Comment

Was he a relative?

I forgot about the good old Internet Cafes by the way, which is why I posted the commemoration early. I´m in Lanzarote at the moment. (Talk about a hardship posting:D ) but I´ll be home on Sunday. Actually there´s a military base nearby which must be part of Lanzarote airport. There was some sort of ex on last week because the Hueys were buzzing in and out all day and all night. Plus a Hercules which flew in when my camera was out of reach. Shit happens.
      sigpic
      Say NO to violence against Women

My favourite moment was when the
      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Working...
      X