Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare stable belt

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a couple of spare stable belts for the DPM trousers?

Thanks!

Don't.
    Use a Stiffened belt instead, like a duty belt. It looks better and doesn't "rope".
    The IMO store may carry them.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I find the issue stable belts grand, once you get it to fit properly you are grand. I dont know were you could get them in Ireland, or in our green. But an ebay search would show a few up
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Ask your CQ, or if that fails chase down someone who has left without handing kit back in (most likely cause they wern't asked....)
        Use a Stiffened belt instead, like a duty belt. It looks better and doesn't "rope".
        I disagree. If, for whatever reason, you take off your shirts, eg in a working party, it looks shit to have twenty different types of belts, including no doubt the obligatory redneck wearing a cowboy buckle belt. Wear the Uniform and don't worry about "looking better".

Comment

Try using the draw cords on the inside of the trousers.

Comment

yeah the drawstrings work better, especialyl for females seeing as the belt is crap, barely tightens enough and then cos of hips won't sit right...use the belt for decoration
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
            Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
            Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
            Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

Originally posted by SAM View Post
              If, for whatever reason, you take off your shirts, eg in a working party, it looks shit to have twenty different types of belts, including no doubt the obligatory redneck wearing a cowboy buckle belt.
              While I agree about the jackass with the cowboy belt, frankly the issue belt is crap. I have my one on my No1 trousers for when I'm in No3 dress. In DPMs I use a riggers belt which is much stiffer than the issue belt, is easier to adjust, and holds my trousers up a lot better than the stable belt, particularly when I have anything heavy in my pockets.

Edit: Oh, and good luck trying to find an official order of dress other than No3 dress where the belt is visible. A working party may take off their shirts to do work, not to be on parade. Once it's not outrageously garish or bright (ie cowboy belt) then crack on, I say.
              Last edited by Barry; 15 October 2007, 21:05.

Comment

I have my one on my No1 trousers for when I'm in No3 dress
                No 3 Dress? Mind me asking when do you wear that?
                "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working in HQ. Green trousers, Khaki shirt. "Number 1s" without the tunic.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I know what it is! I'm just confused about when an RDF OR would need to wear it.
                    "Why, it appears that we appointed all of our worst generals to command the armies and we appointed all of our best generals to edit the newspapers. I mean, I found by reading a newspaper that these editor generals saw all of the defects plainly from the start but didn't tell me until it was too late. I'm willing to yield my place to these best generals and I'll do my best for the cause by editing a newspaper"
                    Gen. Robert E. Lee

Comment

Barry, were you talking about SD no.2 rather than 3?

cos em... why were you wearing SD3?
                      Last edited by johnny no stars; 19 October 2007, 23:58.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                        JNS: What we call SD1 is actually SD2. SD1 comes with a tin helmet and some 37 (or maybe 58) pattern webbing.
                        Military.ie says otherwise...

http://military.ie/army/uniform/index.htm#1

Comment

JNS: What we call SD1 is actually SD2. SD1 comes with a tin helmet and some 37 (or maybe 58) pattern webbing.
                          According to A Admin Instrs A9, white belts are a form of SD1 (as is wearing a "web belt", whatever you want to define that as, on your tunic), but cloth belts are SD2. What's your source for the tin helmet idea?

JNS - depending on military.ie for information on this sort of thing is a bit silly
                          Barry is the barman in the officer's mess in his spare time, hence his need for SD3.
                          I was going to say that whenever you remove your tunic (ie in a mess) you're in SD3, but I like kermit's answer a lot more.

Comment

SD 1 used to consist of trousers, tunic, white web belt and beret or relevant corps head-dress. I've never heard of wearing a helmet with SD 1. The white belt idea was generally abandoned some time ago when the belts started disintegrating.

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                            I was going to say that whenever you remove your tunic (ie in a mess) you're in SD3, but I like kermit's answer a lot more.
                            You want to raise the bar a bit Barry.
                            sigpic
                            Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                            My favourite moment was when the
                            Originally posted by hedgehog
                            red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Protac sell a Nylon Brown Belt with the exact same crome fittings as the staple. Cut to size lovly and stiff the bees knees and very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                              X