command/force air defence destroyers, 12 to 14 future
    frigates, 28 Cyclone maritime helicopters, 16 multi-mission
    aircraft for long-range maritime surveillance, eight
    offshore patrol corvettes, four to six coastal defence
    vessels, eight to 16 internal waters/inshore patrol vessels,
    and “a small constellation of tactical unmanned
    vehicles remotely piloted or deployed autonomously from
    our ships and submarines.”...

(from an article in the Summer 2007 issue of the Canadian Military Journal)

The words 'heap of shite 'comes to mind as they are worthy of an entry in the worlds worst warships ever and that has been those who crossed the Atlantic in those tubs...unbalanced and CoG too far toward the stern and the whole area behind the superstructure is too short. Very badly designed ship by all accounts.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
      The words 'heap of shite 'comes to mind as they are worthy of an entry in the worlds worst warships ever and that has been those who crossed the Atlantic in those tubs...unbalanced and CoG too far toward the stern and the whole area behind the superstructure is too short. Very badly designed ship by all accounts.

The photo is just there to illustrate the piece about the future composition of the Canadian Navy, which I thought might be of interest.

(It seems there have been problems with the Kingston class design, but bear in mind that the class was designed as a vessel for coastal defence, training and mine counter-measures, not for crossing the Atlantic. They are not much bigger than the 'Ton' class minesweepers the NS used to operate.)

Comment

Carrington. To paraphrase the almighty Mr. Murph, why is it every thread you start is basically a "heap of shite"?
        Meh.

Comment

I don't even see Mr Carrington is making a point this time. Just quoting a random statement from a Foreign Military person, and adding a Photo of his favourite ship.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Seeing this has just reminded me why i stopped visiting the forum for a while...talk about a wreck the head.
            Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Sorry, I thought this was a forum for people interested in military and naval matters.

Comment

I'm not making a point, nor am I trying to enlighten anyone. I happened to come across this piece of information, which I found interesting, and I thought some people here might find it interesting too.

Comment

The thing is you are worse than google on speed. As in, you put everything you find on the forum without logicaly thinking about it.
                  Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                    The thing is you are worse than google on speed. As in, you put everything you find on the forum without logicaly thinking about it.
                    That why you can add a user to your ignore list!
                    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X