Best Military Timepiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Military Timepiece

The winter camp money is burning a big hole in my dpms. Am thinking of investing in a decent watch. Sort of looking at one of those that the lads on SG1 wear a SUNTO I think but say a Infantry type with a humongous Casio with a compass, thermo and elevation stuff. Don't like those swiss army or Traser things. Come on lads recommend your watch and post photos.

Why would a MP need a "military timepiece"?
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

I bought an army watch once, it didn't tell me the time, it told me to get a haircut.

Comment

My old Casio G Shock served me well. But I haven't been able to find anywhere that stocks them anymore.

Comment

I remember when Hula Hoops gave away watches when you sent off 40 empty hula hoop bags.
          Maybe you should wait till another similar offer comes around?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
            My old Casio G Shock served me well. But I haven't been able to find anywhere that stocks them anymore.
            Best watch I ever had and still have. Bought a casio in 1992. The rubber is gone off it, the light doesn't work anymore but because I have never used chimes or alarms I have never had to change the battery!! Same battery with 15 years. Now there's an ad for a watch. I only use the old dear now when I'm painting or doing such work at home. I bought a replacement in 2001 and it's on the second battery.
            The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
            (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

G Shocks are fairly solid, and you can pick them up on ebay pretty cheap as they ship from hong kong (where they are made ironically :P)
              What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

http://www.rvops.co.uk/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1707

If you have a few spare shillings.
                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

G Shock. Still on the same one since 2001. New strap and new battery. Will happily do tactics, take mozzie rep , smeared camo , anything and is much much lighter than it looks.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

G-Shock all the way I've had mine 6 yrs with out a problem (or battery change). No need to go mental and spend 300 quid on a black watch that tells time...but in a super military way...!

My previous G Shock only stopped working because I decided to replace the battery myself and this led to condensation building up in the circuits, when it finally died I decided to test if they were as indestructible as they claimed, by means of testing involving hammers, bricks High drops and for the piece de la resistance I blew the **** out of it with aload of Hi Powered yellow bangers....to my surprise the thing started working again some how explosions fix G Shocks!!
                    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

I have a casio pro trek and a g shock.

Always end up wearing the g shock.
                      Its my second g shock cant fault them.
                      Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Anyone have one of those G shocks that automatically corct the time?

Comment

Timepiece Offerings

Dependant on the features/intended use of the watch for military or training purposes, try a combination of the following for review;

Alti/Compass/Baro Competitors; in Battery or Solar Options
                          Suunto CORE Range (have replaced the Suunto Vector )
                          Casio Protrek range

Adventure Training;
                          Suunto T3, T4, H6RM
                          Garmin Forerunner 205/305

Durability:
                          Casio G-Shock Range with/without Atomic Clock
                          Suunto Vector

Obviously for some, a big wrist is important !!!
                          Suunto's are very hard to come buy on Ebay, UK is best price.
                          Casio's are a plenty on Ebay, cheapest from Hong Kong (Casio manufacturer) as mentioned in a previous thread. More details on the manufacturer sites, www.g-shock.com, www.suunto.com, www.garmin.com

Comment

Lads, ask yourself why a PA needs a watch? It's for the immortal first line on the charge sheet; "Sir, on the day and date in question...hang on, Sir, 'til I check my Casio G-Shock wot I bought meself off the interpipe, for $600 in Hong Kong.....(PA makes ostentatious pulling-up-sleeve motion...)face falls flat..ah, shit, the battery's dead, an' it only two months old........well, ok,Corporal, seeing as you can't tell the effin' time, this soldier is off the hook, better luck next time....soldier legs it.Officer strolls to Mess.PA combusts in public......
                            regards
                            GttC

Comment

Originally posted by SC Uilechumachtach View Post
                              Anyone have one of those G shocks that automatically corct the time?
                              Yup. Its good. The glass has metal fillings melted into it because of me grinding and welding. Still holds up even at 40m depth diving too. Great watch for 100 euro
                              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                              X