Tralee Barracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tralee Barracks

I have just now felt the need to get this off my chest completely.
    For those of you who now tralee barracks know how good it really is. Now it has got a whole lot better. I`ve just finished my PNCO`s course down there (a very well run course, good instructors and good and physical) and I can saw conditions are by far and a way the worst I`ve ever incountered, evem worst than Kilworth`s PSO last year (southern brigade personal know what I mean). The food also had a lot to be desired.
    Firstly accomadation, doors did not lock properly making it very cold at night, although showers were next to the billets in a new portacabin the fuse kept on blowing and we were several days with out a shower meaning we had to go to the aquadome for showers . Billet hygeine had to be very high as we had to brush out every morning and polish the new lino floors with only just one brush, a mop and bucket between the 2 male billet and we also had to clean the showers and tiolets with these also (talk about health hazards)
    On the square it nearly took most of the class to pass out form dehydration before they relised that we needed actually water to stay alive.
    Food, now that was a joke. Sour black and white pudding and wired tasting scrambled eggs, sour and watered down milk, lack of proper drinking water for any meals. I managed to see the kitchens one day and the chefs did there best with what they had (have to admit they were great chefs).
    Some thing must be done about it and now.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Contact RDFRA, it is appauling that these conditions are tolerated and the unit in charge of the PNCO course should be brought to account over this.

There are no excuses for this type of situation although its the typical DF attitude "their only sandbags". we give our free time to do this, a PDF member wouldnt put up with it for long, i'm not saying that they should BTW.

If the DF cannot provide us with the equipment and conditions to do the job correctly then the job is not worth doing.

Personally i'm sick of the poor mouth attitude of and to the RDF and I am seriously considering jacking the whole thing in.
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Stranger to think how far times have come.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

well big al im sure after 2 weeks in the df u knew what you were in fo so why give up now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shnig
          well big al im sure after 2 weeks in the df u knew what you were in fo so why give up now?
          Maturity

if i treated my employee's the way the df treats us i would be in liquidation in a week

Comment

If working conditions were like that where I work, we would be shud down and that is a fact. I have contacted the revealed authorities and it will be going further I can asure you of that

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14

Comment

Yeah we (8th Batt) were down there a few years ago for our camp and the general consensus was to never go back. Tralee…. a proper shit hole if I ever saw one.

From what I can recall, the place was falling apart back then, grass growing every where, all over the perimeter walls, all over the buildings, food appalling, the female's had numerous complaints and had to contact RDFRA. The buildings were all dilapidated. Really terrible morale sapping conditions.

The place is seriously dated, I was surprised to read that the army was still using that dive, (perhaps it was an ideal place for P.N.C.O’s??)

My thoughts on the matter are that it should be sold straight away or at least ban all personnel from serving there, for health and safety purposes alone.

Comment

Anyone have any pictures?
                Meh.

Comment

Comment

Well speaking of barracks's I spent a day in makee (i think thats what it was called) barracks in Dublin during my stint at With the Special Olympics and I have to give credit where credit is due. It was a butiful barracks that was in perfect condition and obviously very well mantained. I take my hats off to those who made that barracks what it is.

Comment

The British ?
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

LOL:D

Comment

As Someone who's been trained in McKee yes it is a Nice Barracks, it has been given a major makeover in recent years since Clancy and Collins Closed and their Units moved to McKee you should have seen it before!! and No it wasn't designed for the Peshwar!

Mckee has DFHQ elements the Equitation school. etc etc. So its Kept in Good Nick.
                          The Old Married Quarters (now mostly RDF HQ's and Stores) are Currently undergoing renovations aswell so McKee's Training Rooms will be more numerous (anyone from 7bn 7FAR 11s&t 11coe will understand that)

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

no Trellheim Im sure they left it in ruin when they no longer needed it

Comment

They left it go right down and its got worse scence that photo

Comment

Working...
                              X