Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instruction manual for Challenger tank available for free download.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instruction manual for Challenger tank available for free download.

Warning: Not for dial-up! We're talking some 100MB of PDF files here.

Hull manual
    Turret manual
    Ancilliaries

Of course, this is of slightly limited utility as the only Challengers around are museum pieces or serving in the Jordanian army, but you may find it of interest regardless.

NTM
    Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

On a related note, I was watching a National Geographic Channel docu the other day about reconditioning M1 Abrams. I did not realise that no new chassis have been built since the mid 90s, or how old the design actually was.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Technically, that should be that no new chassis have been built for the Americans since the early 90s. Egyptian and Saudi tanks are new-builds.

NTM
      Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Seems the:

Hull manual

Turret manual

Ancillaries

files, have been removed from the Sendspace location!!

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          On a related note, I was watching a National Geographic Channel docu the other day about reconditioning M1 Abrams. I did not realise that no new chassis have been built since the mid 90s, or how old the design actually was.
          That was an amazing programme. Did you see the hulls going in to be shot-blasted?
          The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
          (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Indeed. A fantastic process. However you can only do so much shot peen blasting before your 14mm armour becomes 13mm, 12mm, 11mm etc.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
            X