Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Service Fleet

Alrigh Lads

An ex Sluggie put up pics of the Irish Navy fleet from back in the early 70's if anyone wants to have a look , the link is http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.js...mId=6517774209

You are not authorized to view this profile.
    Perhaps Bebo isnt the best place for such a collection..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I'll get them copied to the bebo Navy Reserve page, and then post up the new link

Comment

I have a better Idea.
        Get the OWNER of the photos to post them on the IMO gallery.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Here is one of the fleet from 1985. I know most of the guys there and I met John Mc. recently. Still has the same laugh! a chuckle! And like most of us a bit thin on top and a bit greyer. Looks like Bart Simpson now
          Attached Files

Comment

A very young Jim Shaloo in this one..he retired a few weeks ago from what I have read.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

what di ya mean thin on top......jeez get me a mirror!!
              "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."

Comment

Nice Photo

Early 80's pic of LE Aisling taken by the "test pilot", one of the best shots of naval ships in my opinion.
                Attached Files
                "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."

Comment

LE Aisling departing Galway last summer
                  Attached Files

Comment

A pic of ex Leading Seaman John McGrath (DSM), coxn, Galway pilot boat.
                    Told you he looked like Bart Simpson.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Test Pilot; 2 February 2008, 17:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Galway hooker11 View Post
                      Early 80's pic of LE Aisling taken by the "test pilot", one of the best shots of naval ships in my opinion.
                      Thanks GH, for the kind comments! Its still one of my favourites. Nice to see that you still have it after all these years!

Comment

And is thar Buicks brother behind Jim Shallo?

Comment

Originally posted by cha the tel View Post
                          And is thar Buicks brother behind Jim Shallo?
                          I don't know! I was trying to figure that one out myself. Would anyone else know?

Comment

Jim 'Shampoo'..and the great song from Emer...'Jims Gemini....'sung to the air of one of the songs from mary poppins!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Emers Gemini

Another use for the Gemini , 1982 in the Med ,see the Coxn wearing pink . This was a beach in Almeria in southern Spain , we took a trip ashore while we where at anchor the day before we where to go alongside , we had a few days on hand due to the Beruit stopover being cancealled because Israel had invaded Southern Lebenon . Just after I took this pic two Spainish cops armed with machine guns , riding on a motorbike and dressed like Franco was still around came by and wanted to know who we where . They had seen us coming in from the ship in the Gemini and thought we might be ilegal imigrants , and they had no sense of humour .
                              Attached Files
                              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Working...
                              X