Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The passing of 3 old comrades from my time in Finner Camp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The passing of 3 old comrades from my time in Finner Camp.

Gentlemen it was with regret I learned before Christmas via a very short email that the following members / ex-members of the Defence Forces who I had the pleasure to serve with, have passed on to their eternal reward.

No dates or exactly when were supplied of when they passed away.

JOHN PENDER, from the Carlow area, served in Finner Camp in the 1980's as a transport fitter before transferring to the Transport Unit Curragh Camp, for many years ran the bar in the Transport N.C.O's Mess, before returning to work in the workshops.

My Deepest sympathy extended to his wife Mercedes, his brother Tom a member of the P.A. Cop's Curragh Camp.

SPIKE MCCORMACK, 4th Fld Medical Coy, Finner Camp, originally I believe from the Athlone area but married and settled in the town of Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal. Spike was in the Medics while I was in Finner Camp 1976 to at least 1997.

My Deepest Sympathies to the family.

ANTHONY BARDINI, I have recently learned that Anthony Bardini is still with us, we have made contact via Facebook, I can only say I was given wrong information, via a serving member of the 28th Bn, my apologies to those concerned.

May They Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by Connaught Stranger; 23 June 2012, 22:49. Reason: Welcome Update!

R.i.p
    Last edited by ZULU; 27 January 2008, 19:08.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest In Peace...

Comment

Rest in peace
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Recently died: Lt-Colonel Pat Molloy, Castlebar,

ex-C.O. 18th Infantry Bn. (F.C.A.)

Castlebar Military Barracks. Retired and Resident in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

I believe he was originally a native of Ballina, Co Mayo.

Sympathy extended to Mrs. Molly & Family.

Comment

Working...
          X