Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alanf being victimised by Goldie fish? Or the other way around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alanf being victimised by Goldie fish? Or the other way around?

Removed by Owner
    Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:16. Reason: Removed by Owner

Thank you for your support Alan.

You posted about an event that told of members of the NS engaged in criminal acts. Would you like to have this story splashed accross the gutter media tomorrow? There is no statute barring for bad news. I'll give you the number of our resident Tabloid journalist. Save him the trouble of copy and paste.

You agreed to abide by the rules of the site when you first registered. Every member and former member of the DF on this site does the same. Regardless of their rank. (Isn't that right Frank).
    Last edited by Goldie fish; 30 January 2008, 19:36.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Removed by Owner
      Last edited by Guest; 4 February 2008, 11:16. Reason: Removed by Owner

Comment

So Goldie Fish,

Now you remove my reply to your accusations, very mature and professional.

Just to let people know, I replied to this entry by Goldie Fish which I was critical of the person hiding behind the Handle "Goldie Fish" so he removed it. It did in no way contravene any of the Rules except that he did not like it.

He has accused me of bad mouthing, and now has refused to let me defend myself.

So I see fascism is alive and well on this Forum.

I suspect may be banned from this Forum for my alleged offences especially when my accuser will not allow me to refute his allegations and defend myself, so to my old friends should I be banned, best of luck and I hope to meet up with some of you soon.

Alan Finan

Comment

careful there al you could end up on orders with all shore leave cancelled i just found this site recently (ta golden rivet)theres a lot of stories left in you yet the memory juices are only beggining to flow i dont remember you that stroppy in spike i wouldnt have ever thought of g boland only for you and its been so long since i thought of any of those lads we need everyone like you to hold the head during this spell of choppy weather ha ha ha:wink: :wink: :wink:

Comment

Protest : AlanF's removed post seemed fair and reasonable and not trolling ...
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Agreed: he questioned what rules he had broken, he deserves a reply to that, not have his post deleted.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

This isn't a chinese parliament. If you have a suggestion or complaint, PM an admin. This is being looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by AlanF View Post
                  So Goldie Fish,

Now you remove my reply to your accusations, very mature and professional.

Just to let people know, I replied to this entry by Goldie Fish which I was critical of the person hiding behind the Handle "Goldie Fish" so he removed it. It did in no way contravene any of the Rules except that he did not like it.

He has accused me of bad mouthing, and now has refused to let me defend myself.

So I see fascism is alive and well on this Forum.

I suspect may be banned from this Forum for my alleged offences especially when my accuser will not allow me to refute his allegations and defend myself, so to my old friends should I be banned, best of luck and I hope to meet up with some of you soon.

Alan Finan
                  Alan, dear friend.

I am at work between the hours of 9am and 7pm. I have no access to the internet during that time.
                  I did not remove your post. Another of the admin team felt it was inappropriate, and informed me by text that he had unapproved a post by you. I was powerless to return your post prior to now, However I am delighted that you feel the actions of someone else gives you fair cause to make false accusations towards me.

Stop playing the victim.

Follow the same rules of the site that everyone else does. If you don't like them, may I suggest Boards.ie.

If you cannot find the rules of this portion of the site you will find them marked "sticky:Rules for posting, Naval and Naval reserve".

Last edited by Goldie fish; 31 January 2008, 20:50.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                    careful there al you could end up on orders with all shore leave cancelled i just found this site recently (ta golden rivet)theres a lot of stories left in you yet the memory juices are only beggining to flow i dont remember you that stroppy in spike i wouldnt have ever thought of g boland only for you and its been so long since i thought of any of those lads we need everyone like you to hold the head during this spell of choppy weather ha ha ha:wink: :wink: :wink:
                    Or we could call a mess meeting and declare a smoker,,, oh I am in a real serious mood at the moment

Comment

Jerry Jerry Jerry!
                      "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                        Jerry Jerry Jerry!
                        Steve, Steve, Steve!
                        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Hi Alan, Goldie and all with interest in this thread. I have observed this thread and others up to this point and would like to place observations.

Goldie, I think that as a moderator for the, "Irish Military Online Discussion Board", do you not think that Alan F. deserves a reason or explaination for revocation of post/s made by him\her. If not for good work practice then good manners and fairness. It seems contrary to good order and discipline. All we ask as members and valued contributers is for a fair shake of the stick as regards editing of our contris.

Alan, I have very much enjoyed your imparted knowledge and content in the form of pics and contris over the past few months. However this is the "Irish Military Online Discussion Board". "I have always respected that I am a member of this institution and am willing to abide by all rules set down in the end user licence agreement (or equivelent) or any direction set to my contributions by moderators for the safety of this institution". This is, after all in view of the public domain.

As a suggestion I would like to submit that you should both resolve this differance of opinion to content posted. In short....Analyse and reflect.

Best of luck.
                          As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Thank your for your contribution Armedboarder. When the post in question was moved, some weeks ago, AlanF was told in no uncertain terms by Private message why this was being done. Indeed numerous messages were exchanged explaining my decision. However he was not satisfied with my reasons and feels he is being treated harshly. As I explained earlier, todays move was out of my control.

I would encourage him to point out all other posts on this site that he finds objectionable, using the "report this post to a moderator" button.(the triangle with the exclamation mark), and the Moderation team(Including Zulu and Barry) will endeavour to take the necessary action, if they feel it is justified.
                            Please take note that I am not responsible for every area of the site. Just Naval. The rules for posting were set down after the sites creation in 2003. They have served us fine since then, and we have not been subject to any attention by Defence Forces authorities due in no part to the way the site is policed using this rules.
                            This will not change because of one post by alanf that did not make it into the public domain.

Comment

As what seems to be an end to this matter, Alan has seen fit to delete all his contributions to IMO Apart from those post used in Quotes by others. It is unfortunate that he has chosen this route of action.

Comment

Working...
                              X