recognise your corp in DPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recognise your corp in DPM's

I am amazed at some comments from contributors to this board that RDF are allowed walk around with there berets in their pockets,if you train them right then this won't happen.

SHOULD THE DPM's HAVE SUBDUED FLASHES IN ORDER TO STAMP OUT DISRESPECT FOR THE UNIFORM.
    I THINK IT WOULD BE A STEP FORWARD.
    I was on camp with three differnt REGT's Medics,drivers,cooks,ordance,infintry and the Arty school were there and nobody knows who anyone is or what unit there from!:flagwave:
    Yes
    59.46%
    No
    5.41%
    Different colour berets for corps.
    35.14%

The poll is expired.

Unit flashes would be ok providing they were used for PDF uniforms as well. As for people having their beret in their pocket...I haven't seen people getting away with this and in any camps or anything I have been involved in, it wouldn't be allowed.

Comment

i was in galway and is saw a sgt with his hands in his pockets his lid was nowehere to be seen and a fag in his mouth lounging outside supermacs on a hot sunday afternoon, i can only imagine what his pte's were like
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

To cap it all

Why not keep a common beret but each corps have it's own cap badge, maybe recycle some old collar badges. Then again I did know one MP who lost the cap badge for his beret so used a collar badge instead and nobody noticed the difference.
        Another option would be to go all French, esp for parades, have various coloured cravats, lanyards adorn the DPMs.

Comment

I think the easiest way (and cheapest) would be to have different colours for the cloth behind the cap badge.
          The Beret is not used for tactical anyway (not unless the badge is taped over at any rate).
          There could be blue for medics, black for engineers and so forth. MP's would keep the red beret obviously enough, and the rest would keep the olive beret. A very cheap solution.

I have to say that I have never seen such a sight as Big Al has seen, and I know that our unit,... and any unit that has been working alongside us, does not have any problems with regard to our soldiers not wearing our berets.
          But then maybe it's because we're an MP unit.....

Subued flashes would not be too bad an idea either.

Comment

Heres another option. What about subdued cloth collar badges? Simillar to the shiny ones used on the #1's. Think its a weird idea, have a look at Earharts pics from the Special Olympics on her web page. ------HERE------

At least then we know what corp units we are all in!!!!
            Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

Old Rec - Is there a problem with any of the pictures from the SO's? I'm not sure how my pictures defend your collar badge idea!
              I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Earhart, Apologies if you took offence to my comments regarding your pictures. None was intended.

A picture speaks a thousand words and it was easier for me to reference your photos than to try and describe what I wanted to describe. It was your pictures that gave me the idea of using the collar badges on our DPMs. But surely something so shiny would not be allowed (I know the cap badge is shiny, before anyone starts) so goc’s idea of subdued unit markings spawned this idea of subdued corp/collar badges.

I wanted to bring other board members attention to the use of such badges. I believe the use of these badges would be a more cost effective solution than replacing all of our berets for different colours or changing the background colour behind the cap badge. If and it’s a big if, DFHQ accepted the idea.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding and has defended my idea.
                Sigs - No amps, no volts = no interest

Comment

Fair enough, although in your original post you made no reference to the GOC and you linked to my homepage and not any specific picture! No offence taken..... except that you didn't sign my guestbook

Comment

I don't know if Old Rec was referring to the GOC and COS wearing their general's insignia or the fact that the rest of Earhart's teams was out of uniform by wearing the special olympic's volunteer pin on their coller:p

Comment

ooooh, b20, low blow!!! I signed for that pin, was TOET'd on it's application and requested permission to wear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only that, but I can spell collar.....

Comment

OH Nasty Earhart!!

Leave him alone he's just jealous you got ur picture taken with Colm!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Extreeeeeeeemly jealous:D

Comment

Collar badges on the beret is a real British Army thing and if overseas the Irish and brits would be in the same uniform.Our unit flashes in subdued would be an Irish thing:flagwave:

Comment

Why is collar badges on headress a particular British army thing. I don't recall putting a collar badge on my headress.
                              Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X