Naval Service MTB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naval Service MTB's

Does anyone know what happened to MTB's 1-6 built by Vospers.

Where any kept in Ireland after the late 40's, or were they all scrapped or sold off.

The reason I ask this is not too far from me is the BMPT who restore quite a few Motor Torpedo Boats. There are mentions of other Foreign MTB's on their site but nothing mentions the NS MTB's.

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to MTB's 1-6 built by Vospers.

Where any kept in Ireland after the late 40's, or were they all scrapped or sold off.

The reason I ask this is not too far from me is the BMPT who restore quite a few Motor Torpedo Boats. There are mentions of other Foreign MTB's on their site but nothing mentions the NS MTB's.
    There was one in Cork harbour in private hands in the late seventies, but this ended up on the mudflats at Dunkettle, where it lay for years. It finally disappeared when the Jack Lynch tunnel was built. Some one must know the details.

Sorry for the poor pic.
    Attached Files

Comment

TP, Thanks for the info & pic.

Comment

Wheren't most if not all of them convrted to house boats or somthing?

Comment

That was the intention, however the project was never completed.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Lt Col Fitzmaurice of the Bremen flight fame bought one or two for that project but it never came to fuition
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
            X