Sean McEniry - Sailor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean McEniry - Sailor

I regret to announce the untimely death of a retired sailor.
    Hillarious man. Sean McEniry on 30th of April.

He will be sorely missed by all that knew him.

He served mostly out of Haulbowline as far as I know.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Outline the man please...served with a few with that surname.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

He was originally from Cobh. His son is one of my best friends and while I knew the Man I didnt know him as well as I would have liked.

He would have had Dark hair back in his day. Very matter of fact and will tell you what he meant. I know he was probably in his early 50's but I would never ask his age. (He would have kick my arse!!!) Lived in Cork for most of the end of his life (at least 18 years I would guess)

I am sorry to say I never got to ask him much about his Navy Career but from what his son has told me, he had an interesting one.

He would also go by John (in addition to Sean). But as I say the man himself I didnt know too well.

I don't know his Rank or his years of service but I know it was in both Hawlbowline and at least a small part was with the Slua (Helping them not as a member) Possibly Cadre but I will not say he was.

I'm sorry I dont have anything that would really identify him but as I say I know his son much better.

I can say however that he was probably the proudest Dad I have ever seen.

I would venture to guess that you did serve with him at one point because while I dont have his years of service I know he would likely have been in at some point when you were.
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

My condolences, obviously old school, may he rest in peace.

I can't say I knew of the man but obviously a good man
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

May he + Rest In Peace + and enjoy his Eternal Reward,

and condolences to the family.

Comment

Working...
          X