No announcement yet.

How many weeks RDF training do you get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many weeks RDF training do you get?

Hi all,

It's been awhile, sorry , I've just got back from a two week camp and am hoping to go away for another week in October/November. This has been a fairly regular occurrence over the last few years, so I was just wondering how many of the board members can tear themselves away from the 9-5 job for more then one week. Also there was talk about a two week camp for everybody in the RDF, any more news about that?

Depends on your location and how active your unit is. With 112,000 mandays available there should be plenty to give everyone 2 weeks training, but given the fact that not everybody goes on annual training and not everybody every year can give two weeks service, there tends to be more available for those who can.

Comment

B20 you know very well how I feel on this topic.....
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Earhart should be given a black beret at this stage!!!!

EDITED SO AS EARHART CAN STILL GIVE OUT TO BOFORGUNNER WITHOUT ANY ARGUMENT!
        Last edited by Earhart; 31 July 2003, 12:28.
        I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

The 8th Infantry Batt, Eastern Brigade had only a 1 week camp this year. Its a sickner when you hear about other units having 2

Comment

I've just finished my fifthg with another one due at the end of august...an 84mm shoot with another one in september or october
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I'd love to fire that thing! How many rounds do you get to fire (and what type)

I have done 1 weeks annual camp this year and a 2 week PNCO course as well as 2 PNCO prep weekends. I would do more stuff if I didn't live 200+ miles away from my home unit.

Comment

The EBDE pots course have done two 3 day weekends 1 week in Kilbride and are currently Completing 2 weeks down the Glen.
                I've done 2 full weeks and a Paid 3 day weekend in Kilworth. I know people who've done duties for Regiments etc. on Camp for 2 or 3 weeks after camp aswell the Special Olympics.

How much of this is actually training is another thing I was with recruits on both Camps I did which means I got no training myself.

I find it Better to act as a Rung on the Promotion Ladder Kermit
                Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Kermit: are you implying that I am not good?

Boforgunner: I take exception to that comment - it's not called for! I think 'evil text messages of death' will be called for :(
                  I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

this is annoying the hell out of me.

Comment

Trellheim;

Perhaps you would like to give your opinion??

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Rant rant more training time needed rant rant rant.

Comment

the last time I fired the CG84mm I got to fire six rounds TPT as the no 1 and loaded six rounds as the #2 then moved up to the mortar range and fired #4 rounds HE as #1 and loaded #4 rounds as #2 .whata weapon ....feels like getting hit in the face with a number 10 shovel.....the first round is a bit scary and its just a buzz after that....cant wait to see what the ninety from the AML is like.....one man operation....roll on february!
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

6 weeks this year, very very nice indeed with maybe another one or two come god willing:D :D :D
                            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

3 including 1 week at the special olympics

Comment

Working...
                              X