X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Prayer To Bring The Lads Home Safely

Hi to all.
    New to this site.
    Like most of you I'm sure... I have a friend Serving in Chad. Reports back are that the general health is not good. Some are passing blood and loosing a lot of weight, due to the constant Hydrating & De-Hydrating. It's tough just standing still in that heat. Let's keep them in our prayers for a safe return.
    Cheers lads

ATTACK THAT ATTIC WITH A STEYR!......AHH!

In such cases, passing red blood not good, passing black or semi-digested blood quite bad - get thee to a doctor.

Take care guys.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Some other countries acclimitise their troops before sending them into such an environment on operations. Should this not be considered by the DF? / Why has it not been considered? Money or resources I suppose.

Comment

How would you do that? Send them to Courtown for a month...strange local lingo, lots of cheap food that'll loosen the bowels of a statue and plenty of combat and the occasional bit of sun as well.
        regards
        GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
          How would you do that? Send them to Courtown for a month...strange local lingo, lots of cheap food that'll loosen the bowels of a statue and plenty of combat and the occasional bit of sun as well.
          regards
          GttC
          Sun, in courtown?? very very very rare.
          The rest is very accurate though
          courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Wasn't that done for East Timor - didn't the Irish troops go to Australia first to "aclimitize". I don't see why we couldn't do it - it's a good idea.
            There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

There isn't many secure sub saharan states where they could be sent to acclimatise at the moment.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Send them to Finner Camp its got lots of sand!!

I believe the British used it for training troops for South Africa.

As for the heat acclimatisation issue them the old plastic rain gear (pre-Goretex)

and have them leg it up and down the sand hills after a good fry-up of salty bacon.

Connaught Stranger

Comment

CS, that's probably illegal as cruel and unusual treatment! might be alright to inflict it on chavs in lieu of an ASBO though...
                  regards
                  GttC

Comment

Working...
                  X