Potential NCO's course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential NCO's course

Hey, I was just reading the Army & Army Reserve's thread about the NCO(Pot's) course and found it very interesting reading. I was wondering if any Navy & Naval Reserve bods have any great advice to give regarding NCO(pot's) courses. Thanks.

Are you reserve or PDF?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by shutterbugin View Post
      Hey, I was just reading the Army & Army Reserve's thread about the NCO(Pot's) course and found it very interesting reading. I was wondering if any Navy & Naval Reserve bods have any great advice to give regarding NCO(pot's) courses. Thanks.

Disregard everything that you read in the Army thread........

THe Naval pots course is quite different than the armys, it concentrates more on Naval matters, eg: armed boarding, firefighting, sea survival maritime law etc.

But there is however the week/2weeks tactical training & ranges etc.

Comment

I understand the Naval Potential NCO course has Level 6(Special Purpose) HETAC Recognition. Those who pass the Current Course will Graduate with Diplomas in October.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          I understand the Naval Potential NCO course has Level 6(Special Purpose) HETAC Recognition. Those who pass the Current Course will Graduate with Diplomas in October.
          The (I think) Std NCO Cse for the Army has some kind of 3rd Level recognition aswell, if
          I remember correctly...
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by A/TEL View Post
            Disregard everything that you read in the Army thread........

THe Naval pots course is quite different than the armys, it concentrates more on Naval matters, eg: armed boarding, firefighting, sea survival maritime law etc.
            Yes I do realize that there are major differences between the Army and the Navy, training wise! Its because of those differences that I started this thread. There was some really interesting advice being given but if your a member of the Naval service (PDF & RDF) it doesn't really apply to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              Are you reserve or PDF?
              Reserve aka a Sluggie!

Comment

Are you happy calling yourself a sluggie?

As far as I know most NSR get a bit pissed being called that.
                And the whore of babylon shall riiide forth in a frenzy of excitement.

Frak me my Mandalore clobber has a two+unmod sv.

:confused:

Comment

Be on time, don't be afraid to stand out and be a team player. I remember an A/b a couple of years ago who was on track to be the best student on the Cse, she didn't get it as she was really selfish and would not help weaker people on the Cse. You are there because you have potential to be NCOs. ie junior leaders.
                  The most important part of the Cse is to enjoy it, ok it will be tough and the days long, but if you don't enjoy it there is no point in being there.

rember

SHINY BOOTS MAKE FOR HAPPY FEET

Comment

should read

remember

Comment

Originally posted by popeye View Post
                      should read

remember
                      Go back to the original post, and click the EDIT button you will see on all of your own
                      posts.

Go in, make the change and click "Save Changes"

Voilá !!!
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

NS 32nd Pot NCO Course passing out next wed 9th July

37 New L/S's for the service

Comment

pictures please

Comment

Originally posted by Nav Trooper View Post
                            Are you happy calling yourself a sluggie?

As far as I know most NSR get a bit pissed being called that.
                            I'm sure there are NSR members out there who would get annoyed at being called a Sluggie especially since the official name change(An Cultaca). Sluggie is a nickname that as been used for a long time and habits die hard. It may have started off as being a derogatory nickname but as the NSR improved their level of professionalism and crew's realised that having a Sluggie fill in for them (and not be a complete cabbage) could enable them to get their much needed leave. I think, like any nickname, it has developed an affectionate tone over the years and as such is not really a bad nickname anymore. Thats my OWN opinion anyway. A lot of people might not have the same opinion, but sure what can you do? Unless a new nickname is developed, something to do with Cultaca, perhaps, We (reservists) will always be Sluggies. Whether we like (or admit it) or not!

Comment

Working...
                            X