No announcement yet.

Overseas and over 40-- over the Hill!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas and over 40-- over the Hill!!!

Just learned this week that the Eastern Bde are not allowing any person over the age of 40 to serve in Chad, Kosovo is an exception, anyway the excuss i was given from Bn Ord room is a repat is too costly, rediculous cos any Member under 40 can take sick too, the Main problem is for Techies, not Lines, most Techies with vast expeirence are over 40 and most of these would be Chefs, Drivers, Fitters etc... so the Eastern Bde are going to have a major problem on thier hands very soon and even sooner is the fact that a lot of members are now going to be detailed to go there, and Lads please dont give me the speech why didnt they go for promotion to allow them serve to 45yrs,, remember over the years we had embargos and courses were not run, i fail to understand if im 39 today i can serve overseas but if i was 40 next week im not????????? beyond rediculous!!!!!!!

overseas

Agree 100% Your skilled-your motivated- your dedicated to the job- all the army wants except your over the hill sorry next please!!! How is PDFORA not taking this up??? i know its operational but come off it if a lads in the PDF and over 40 you can be sure he has alot to offer an battalion head overseas especially if you have first timers!!!

Hope it changes for ya

Comment

Obviously somebody, somewhere has either done a medical study

or has evaluated a medical report with regards age and active service

and realizes that over 40, in certain areas of the world like Chad,

pose more problems to get a sick person out than if on main-land Europe.

There are probably more chances of dealing with whats seen as a minor medical liability in Europe

where most local towns have very good medical facilities,

than some fly speck o.p. / firebase on the map in the middle of nowhere.

It would put matters into perspective if any members with medical knowledge

could post facts & figures with regards the most common ailments that could hit at 40+

as opposed to 18+

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

An over-40 I know applied for the next deployment, no problem with age, didn't get it due to cholesterol. He's applying again for the next mission out. Didn't mention a specific 'no over-40's' policy.
        "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Could be based on experience in Chad ?!

Comment

Just learned this week that the Eastern Bde are not allowing any person over the age of 40 to serve in Chad
            Hm I wonder how the unit commander feels about this as under 40 year old Lt Cols are about as rare as rocking horse shite!,
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Eh, i dont know where that is coming from cos the CS for mech coy 99th Bn will be 42 going over, and i havent seen a single document stating that over 40s are not allowed
              Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

Over 40 private restricted perhaps?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Possibly but i know that half of the DROPS drivers going over are almost at retirement age!
                  Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                    Over 40 private restricted perhaps?
                    Correct and right, but all it takes to get around this restriction is a letter from the CO to say "due to the exigences of service and for the success of the mission the undermentioned will be allowed to serve overseas over the age limit". This is a very common occurrence for Techs, and no doubt will happen in the E Bde when the time comes.
                    CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Working...
                    X