Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defence Forces Magazine

any thoughts?!

Just to remind people that we do not endorse the contents of external websites, the domain name for the above website is not registered to the defence forces but instead to three individuals. They may be members of the DF Press office but I cannot at this point confirm that.

% Rights restricted by copyright;

% Do not remove this notice

domain: DFMagazine.ie
    descr: Michael Joseph O'Connor, Edward Cornelius McGovern, Garrett Prendiville
    descr: Unincorporated Association
    descr: Publication Name
    admin-c: AHM572-IEDR
    tech-c: CP27-IEDR
    renewal: 13-August-2009
    nserver: ns1.hosting.digiweb.ie
    nserver: ns3.hosting.digiweb.ie
    source: IEDR

person: John Kennedy
    nic-hdl: AHM572-IEDR

person: Colm Piercy
    nic-hdl: CP27-IEDR

Comment

http://www.military.ie/
      Defence Forces launch new online Magazine and Archives from the 1940's
      22 December 2008

The official Magazine of the Irish Defence Forces An Cosantóir are proud to announce it’s new online presence www.dfmagazine.ie. The magazine’s new online presence contains back issues going back to 1940 with added extras such as a photo gallery, up to date reviews and a monthly e-newsletter. The magazine in conjunction with its web development team 4pm.ie and e-celtic scanning services, have developed a comprehensive and dramatic website with a significant back catalogue tracing much of the Defence Forces’ history in PDF format from 1940.
      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Thats the offical website:

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
          Fair enough didnt see that as all DF websites so far have been registered as a government website and for some reason the dfmagazine.ie one wasnt.

Comment

Possibly because the Magazine is a commercial product, published by civilans, under the guidance of the DFPO.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

personally i dont like websites that automatically start audio & video
              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

An Cosantoir is under PR section, COS Branch.

Comment

An Cosantoir has civilian Journalists on it's staff and is Printed by the Kilkenny People.

Comment

ownership of dfmagazine.ie

If you look closer at the website and the emailed newsletter, you will see the inscription 4pm, so an external web company is doing the web design, and no doubt the domain name could be tied into the package contract.

Comment

Theres an emailed newslatter?

Comment

Oh yes, email to the following dfprinfo@gmail.com and request newsletter subscription

Comment

how do you register to see later mags from the archive. when u click archive it goes all the way to 1989 i think but on the laft colum it gives the option to already registered people to log on and see more recent one.

only asking because one of my friends saw me in it and i never got to see the craic i made on the lens of the camera when the photography took my pic,

i had one hard time when he went to the CQ and said he needed a new canon
                          Reservists are too ignorant to drop out of anthing. Its a Known Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagger63 View Post
                            how do you register to see later mags from the archive....... ?
                            Aye, I was wondering this too....
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Closed club to keep us out more like ...familiar feeling..

Comment

Working...
                              X