Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operational Boots Protective

**DELETED**
    Last edited by T.I.M.; 28 August 2003, 11:43.
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

The protective boots refers to those issued to Artillary and Engineers

Comment

Good man B20, but i already knew that... i was looking for anyother info on them. but thanks anyway!
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

They get issued when required and when available. What else do you want to know? Your an infantry head so you don't get em

Comment

well i shall see what i can do about that!

Comment

Shiny thing syndrom....shiny thing syndrom!

Comment

The prison service are being issued these also...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

They aren't matterhorn boots,they are manufactured by Haix of Germany & they are quite comfortable:D Also they are on issue to Arty Units only at the moment.I think Engineers to follow.
                Live long and prosper!

Comment

Thanks erwin!

Comment

aren't these the steel toecaps ?
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The new boots on issue are Haix kampfschuh mod. 2 Here's an information file from Haix:

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20
                        The protective boots refers to those issued to Artillary and Engineers
                        /me wonders where along the supply chain his Regiment's boots have been lost

Comment

during my recruit training we did a manual handling course with the artillery school, and i wqas told never to handle any heavy equipmnet without the proper safety gear, i don't think 24bs come under that heading so what are the implications of this, is the df not open to legal cases if there is an accident
                          The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
                            during my recruit training we did a manual handling course with the artillery school, and i wqas told never to handle any heavy equipment without the proper safety gear, i don't think 24bs come under that heading so what are the implications of this, is the df not open to legal cases if there is an accident
                            24lbs of what exactly???? If you drop it on your foot or skull, it might not be such a
                            good day at the office for you. In short, yes, if a task requires PPE (Personal
                            Protective Equipment), then the DF are bound by law under the Health And Safety
                            At Work Act (1989, I think) to provide the PPE for that task....
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gasplug
                              during my recruit training we did a manual handling course with the artillery school, and i wqas told never to handle any heavy equipmnet without the proper safety gear, i don't think 24bs come under that heading so what are the implications of this, is the df not open to legal cases if there is an accident
                              Same could be said for all the Protective equipment we are not being issued with...
                              Raingear,
                              Thermal underwear,
                              Ballistic vests,
                              Ballistic Helmets,
                              Active hearing protection,
                              safety glasses(for shooting),
                              knee pads for FIBUA
                              etc....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X