Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swansea Cork Ferry: Almost there, need your help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansea Cork Ferry: Almost there, need your help.

Originally posted by Goldie fish
    This vessel has been earmarked as the probable contender for the New Cork-Swansea run. All they are short is €1m to seal the deal. It is believed the loss of the ferry cost West Cork and Kerry tourism at least €50m a year since the ferry ceased a number of years ago.

There's been a great response to our Investment Pledge scheme - and you may have read in the press that we've now been pledged nearly €2.5m euro - which leaves us only €0.5m to find.

Catch is - we _must_ have it within the next week. The Finnish Bank who currently own the ship we want have extended our deadline for us - but, if we can't secure the additional investment the ship will go to auction and will probably sell for more than we can afford.

To make it easier for people to invest (and we're talking investment here - not donation) - we've set up a new Online Pledge page at
    bringbacktheswanseacorkferry.com Situs Berita Seputar Game Online Mobile dan PC

where you can pledge from €1,000 to €10k euro.

Your investment is guaranteed by the value of the ship - and investors will benefit from discounted fares....

Now really is crunch time - if you want there to be a direct, comfortable link between Swansea and Cork (starting in April), now is the time to join in.

If you are a member of a team, club etc - why not organise your own syndicate to pledge a combined €10k ?
    bringbacktheswanseacorkferry.com Situs Berita Seputar Game Online Mobile dan PC

I think a lot of people in Dublin don't realise how important this ferry is for The country. Just Imagine, if it was back, no more would you have to put up with people heading for culchie land(cork/Kerry) getting lost on the way from the Ferry at Dublin Port or Dun Laoighre and holding you up on the M50 as they wonder where the N8 exit is.
    Same goes for those in wexford. When the Incinerator in Cork is up and running, with this ferry we won't need to truck our toxic waste past your front door.

Also, instead of leaving your savings with the banks who could collapse tomorrow, why not instead invest it in a project that has already proved its profitability in the past. The minimum is after all €1000 Leave that in the bank, and tomorrow it may only be €900.

All joking aside though, it would be a shame to see a viable project like this fail to commence due to a shortage of a few thousand. Tourism in the Cork/Kerry region has suffered since the original link was lost some years ago. Its a long road from Rosslare, or Dublin to cork, and the last thing most tourists want to do at that stage is face another 3 hour drive to see West Cork and Kerry. Also the ferry was perfect for the Rugby in Cardiff. Travel at your leisure, and don't worry about airport security, inflated prices or baggage limits. Begin the celebration after the match, sleep on the ferry home, wake up back in Cork, refreshed and hangover free....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Sounds like someone is bucking for a job in PR...

Comment

If it means I can go to the UK and avoid both dublin and airports....

Comment

Well, avoiding Dublin is to be applauded at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          If it means I can go to the UK and avoid both dublin and airports....
          Cork airport is nice

edit: do they still have the fish?
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
          Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
          Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
          Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

You must not have visited the new airport then. No fish here

Comment

I only ever did Swansea - Cork twice but it certainly saved alot of miles in a car.

http://www.bringbacktheswanseacorkferry.com/

Comment

you don't need to go to Dublin.

Rosslare port is accessable from the south.
                2 ferries available to the UK
                Stena line to Fishgard and Irish Ferries to Pembroke.

Would Cork to Bilbou not be better?
                With the proliferation of Campervans touring Ireland and going from Ireland it would open up a whole new market.

Why does no one see past the UK?
                Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Bilbao was also on the cards. Rosslare is a 3 hour drive from cork. Fishguard and Pembrooke dock are not on the uk motorway system, like swansea

Comment

Bilbao was also on the cards. Rosslare is a 3 hour drive from cork. Fishguard and Pembrooke dock are not on the uk motorway system, like swansea
                    Dublin is 4 hours plus another 1-2 hours to get to North Wall or Dunlaoire depending on the traffic.
                    Or if you are trying to make Europe the drive time to Portsmouth or Dover?

Whats the driving time difference between Holyhead to London and Fishgard to London?
                    Lets say vehicle A & B started from a point west of Cork and the Ferry departed the second they arrived on board. (ie no queueing or disembarking time). What time saving would the boat actually give on a trip to London?

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

I had a long post replying to your pointless negativity, but the site went down and I lost it.

So instead, the summary is if you take the rosslare route over cork swansea you add 98km to the overall journey(not to mention fuel costs and drivers hours).

Read this.

Comment

when you get to DUblin cant you vist your thousands of cousins working here in the Civil Service
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I had a long post replying to your pointless negativity, but the site went down and I lost it.

So instead, the summary is if you take the rosslare route over cork swansea you add 98km to the overall journey(not to mention fuel costs and drivers hours).

Read this.
                          I am not being negative.
                          I was wondering how much effort would the cork route save.

The driving hours would be about 2 extra in a truck. But if it takes 4 hours extra in a boat to get there that might not be a problem and spending on fuel could be justified.

I like boats/ships. I am planning a trip on the Bilbou route this summer. I reckon I will save about 10 hours driving through French traffic jams. Its well worth it.

—Frederick the Great,

Comment

French traffic jams ? . I make several trips a year to the south of France and have never had a problem with traffic jams , Roscoff to Montpellier in 12 hrs and that includes fuel and food stops .
                            Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Luchi, are you to mean to pay the toll?

Comment

Working...
                              X