Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Defence Regiment

Stupid Question....

Why do they FCA AD Batteries wear Southern Brigade and Eastern Brigade flashes (2 Bty E, 3 Bty S, 4 Bty S), when the AD Regiment is based in the DFTC. Why do they not wear a DFTC flash?

Even if they are physically located in the Brigade Op Comm areas, the Regiment is in the Curragh, and so the Batteries should be in the DFTC too, not physically, but for Op Comm purposes...

There is no such thing as a stupid question - just stupid people!!! (Earhart hugs Kermit)

When I asked - I was told that our HQ was in Clonmel and we were part of the S Bde, and not under the DFTC command yet (except Regimental HQ). All our stuff goes through S Bde HQ RDF........

Other than that - we don't wear Brigade Flashes any more ...... (appart from the No. 1's)
    I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

Correct....the FCA or RDF has yet to come under the new brigade structure and as such the DFTC is not relavent to the afore mentioned.
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

You will notice that even under the restructuring the AD Bty's still come under the S Bde and the E Bde and the PDF bty in the DFTC and not all under the DFTC command per say.
        This doesn't really answer your questions Kermit, but its like this. The AD bty's fall under the different Bde regimes but have their ADR HQ in the DFTC...

Comment

Ive heard from a good source that the 4ad in Ccobh is going and it going to become part of the new south munster bn. is that true anyone??
          Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
          http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

There will still be two AD bty's in the S Bde. There may be a bit of 'jiggery pokery' but I don't think they will be gotten rid of.......poor boforgunner

Comment

All I have heard in the rumour mill about this is that they will be moving from cobh to either Haulbowline or Collins Barracks. The property they are sitting on(which is quite large compared to other similar sized units) Is worth soo much to retain for use once a week.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

no comment
                Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Working...
                X