Death of Soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of Soldier

Declan Hughes (18) of Jonesboro, Co.Armagh was killed when the car he was travelling in crashed outside Newry. Two other occupants of the car also died.

He had just finished training, had been on an exercise the previous week and was on a few days leave.

Mr Hughes' remains will leave his home at 11am on Thursday for Requiem Mass at noon in the Church of the Holy Family, Dundalk. His remains will then be taken to Aiken barracks for a military ceremony before burial in Dromintee Cemetery.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

RIP
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

If you are posting on this or any RIP thread, please disable your signature.

Comment

Rest In Peace

Comment

God Bless.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

RIP
            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

RIP.
              "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

RIP
                When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

RIP
                  "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

RIP
                    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

RIP

Comment

Ar dhéis Dé atá a anam.

Comment

He was a good friend of mine, i helped carry his coffin. He got me the application form for my 18th birthday because he was so sick of having to answer my questions about the army everytime he got home, he was in the accident about 4 days later. His mother and father both passed away shortly after him, leaving just his sister, very sad. Did anyone on here train with him in Gormanston or serve with him in McKee??

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua
                            If you are posting on this or any RIP thread, please disable your signature.

A tragic loss, RIP

All signatures are automatically disabled when posting in the "Absent Friends" thread

Maybe move this thread to there ?
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                            X