Name Tags NON ISSUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Tags NON ISSUE

Lads these arent issue tags but they look good and there cheap. I have bought the Army green version for a few recruits who wont be issued them.

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/MILITARYTAPES__W0QQ_armrsZ1

will add a picture later

Don't waste your money. You are supposed to be issued this item FREE!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Unless they're identitical to the issue ones (or so close that you'd be pushed to spot the difference on an inspection) then you might as well just burn your money.

Tell them to look on the bright side - the lad without nametags is less likely to be caught for something

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
        Unless they're identitical to the issue ones (or so close that you'd be pushed to spot the difference on an inspection) then you might as well just burn your money.

Tell them to look on the bright side - the lad without nametags is less likely to be caught for something
        I have found that Nametags and Nicknames are the 2 worst things to have in the RDF. I have both so if an NCO or Officer who doesn't know me see's the name tag they ask me to do something. If they know me, the know my nick name and call me by that because it is so simple they always remember it!!

However, I am quite happy to have both, especially the name tag, it looks better than the Velcro backing!!!
        I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Don't waste your money. You are supposed to be issued this item FREE!
          were supposed to be issued everything on the scale but we aint!!!

Comment

Nametags are like Berets. You MUST have one.

Comment

Nametags are like Berets. You MUST have one.
              haha ha ha ha ah etc.....
              But there's no danger
              It's a professional career
              Though it could be arranged
              With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
              If you're out of luck you're out of work
              We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
                haha ha ha ha ah etc.....
                He's actually correct - terms of PfP or something, must have national insignia and
                nametapes on the uniform
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

During a recent Stand down Parade in S Brigade, anyone who did not have a Nametag was given one. Regardless of whether it was their name or not...

Comment

During a recent Stand down Parade in S Brigade, anyone who did not have a Nametag was given one. Regardless of whether it was their name or not...
                    ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                      ROFL
                      +1

Cue the confused look as the star of the show during the inspection said to a
                      bemused Pte Bloggs:

"Keep up the good work, Pte Murphy"
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Saw these on a UK website

The font and nametag style are very similar to the issued Velcro tags
                        - at least it looks similar in the photo, anyway....

If someone in Ireland would do the things, they'd make a packet, in
                        all probability...

Next Day Delivery at Cadet Kit Shop the Official Kit Shop for Cadets UK. Wide range of Cadet Boots, Military Boots, Cadet Badges, Cadet PCS Uniform and more Direct to Army Cadet Force, Royal Air Force Air Cadets & Sea Cadets. Free Delivery Over £60. Established in 1949. Providing the best Kit for Cadets.

Comment

Silver stitch in Ballymount make them we got a load of them made up not so long ago.

€4.50 for three i think.
                          Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fred the red View Post
                            Silver stitch in Ballymount make them we got a load of them made up not so long ago.

€4.50 for three i think.
                            With the velcro ?
                            And are they similar to the issued tag ?

Comment

Identical Velcro backing and all ill send you a picture.
                              Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X