Charles Fort, Kinsale - Heritage week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Fort, Kinsale - Heritage week

I got a call off a mate in Kinsale last to check out Charles Fort in Kinsale last Sunday (Sunday 14th Sept).
    To my surprise the fort was free to the public and there was a wide range of historical equipment supplemented by reenactors.
    Among the items on display were, a Medieval Catapult and camp.
    British WWI camp, Equipment and reenactors.
    American Civil War, both sides.
    A variety of Military Vehicles, mostly ex-British, including a SP Gun and a few APC's and armoured cars and a German WWII Kubelwagen.
    And a camp of Redcoat Reenactors, depicting the Connaught Rangers of the Napoleonic Wars http://www.devils-own.co.uk/

I thought it was well worth checking out, but apparently it was a well-kept secret, (Note to organisers try more publicity next time)
    Apparently this is becoming established as a yearly event in Kinsale during the National Heritage week.

Did anyone else catch the show, what ye think??
    "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Yeah,was there myself sunday,though delayed by other matters that the people of cork had to attend to..thankfully I gave that up at half time and enjoyed the sun at kinsale instead.
    I also heard it by word of mouth, and was sorry I had not heard sooner as it was a very interesting day.
    The irish Military vehicle club had the vehicles including an Abbot,FV432,ferret scout cars,a Bedford 4x4 and the Kubelwagen. The fort itself is very well laid out,and relatively accessable,commanding excellent views of Kinsale bay...Photos to follow..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Charles Fort & Irish Military Vehicles Club

Re the Irish Military Vehicles Club see more on the www.militaryheritagetours.com more photos of same will be included on the picture gallery.

Comment

Irish Military Vehicles Club

That should have read the NEWSLETTER on www.militaryheritagetours.com

Comment

Have to ask...

surely that Barret (deactivated/replica?) shown in those pictures attracts attention of an official nature?

How do members (if at all) obtain authorisation for such an item?

Comment

Fair Question. Weapons were as you say deactivated/ and or replicas. I will ask the club to come on line to join in the forum

Comment

More here

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
              X