X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Firing training from the Southern Brigade

Posted on the DF Magazine Youtube account

Live Firing training from the Southern Brigade

Live firing Tactical Training in the Southern Brigade Training Depot. This video shows troops from the Southern Brigade undergoing a life firing exercise.

How do you embed videos on this site?
    Last edited by Liachta Cultaca; 20 October 2009, 16:44.
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Good drills but s h i t e camera work though.

Comment

Are they the Steyr A2s that they're using?

Comment

What sights are those?

Comment

Originally posted by ArdMhacha View Post
          What sights are those?
          I'm almost sure they're Elcan's?

Swift, that's not the A2. Just a different housing group with a picatinny rail, the same one you'd use when using a Kite sight.

Comment

Good to see the C79 Elcans are still in The south. We used them in 2007 during our training too. 100% better than the standard sights. Great to see that the guys running the show are making progress with the drills, combining fibua etc. I've been made aware of the resistance they've had at times. Great find thnaks for that!

filmed in the south by the looks of it. The sights are c79 elcan wildcat sights, x4 mag with single vert aiming post. Great field of view and magnification. I'm guessing the people ivolved in the df shooting team are responsible for their use in the lftt, knowing some of them. Once you get to do it, blanks are just such a let down after!
            Last edited by ZULU; 21 October 2009, 01:58.
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Thanks for the link Zulu and thanks for the information Hello Alaska!

It's the first time I'd seen those sites on a Steyr; it's a shame that all the DF's Steyrs haven't got them. Standard Steyr optics is my biggest gripe about the Steyr, which is why I think I prefer the SA-80. Although that's more of a topic for the "Steyrs and whinging" thread.

Comment

Thanks for the reply HA, I thought I'd missed out on getting to use a decent sight on the AUG, I really didnt like the standard one.
                Good vid though

Comment

Here's a pic I took while doing our LFTT.

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Can you actually zero the sights themselves? Or is it the mount that has to be adjusted?

Also i've always wondered how well the steyr keeps it's zeroing after changing the barrels? I've asked a few people but never got any definite answers. Does it stay zeroed? Or does it require re-adjustment to get perfect zeroing again??

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                      Can you actually zero the sights themselves? Or is it the mount that has to be adjusted?

Also i've always wondered how well the steyr keeps it's zeroing after changing the barrels? I've asked a few people but never got any definite answers. Does it stay zeroed? Or does it require re-adjustment to get perfect zeroing again??
                      The sights are zeroed.

Do you mean change barrels from Standard to HBar, or simply interchange standard barrels?

If you are on about to HBar, It would be my contention that there would be a pair difference.

If interchanging, I would think there would be a difference, but not much of one really.
                      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

In general the barrels are never changed so its a pretty academic question.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                          I'm almost sure they're Elcan's?

Yes they are ELCAN, model C-79. Is it used by your PDF or the entire Army ?

Sidenote: Are you guys taught to keep your muzzle pointing down when not engaging ? At 1:28 the guy lazes the safety NCO because his weapon is carried "John Wayne" style... the only time this should be done is when you bring your weapon in your "working zone" to remedy a stoppage.
                          "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                            Yes they are ELCAN, model C-79. Is it used by your PDF or the entire Army ?
                            I've yet to use it at all, in fact the only time I've heard of it being used was by the DF Shooting Team and once or twice in the Southern Brigade with PDF and RDF Units.

Seems that there's a small amount of them in service and somebody is hoarding them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                              Sidenote: Are you guys taught to keep your muzzle pointing down when not engaging ? At 1:28 the guy lazes the safety NCO because his weapon is carried "John Wayne" style... the only time this should be done is when you bring your weapon in your "working zone" to remedy a stoppage.
                              Ya, saw that. To be fair the shooter is right to be bringing the weapon up as he's changing magazine. I think the Umpire was a little slow at coming out. All part of training in my opinion. Safe as you can get in that situation if thumbing the safety on.

Comment

Working...
                              X