Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initiative to increase fitness levels in the RDF

As the weather is supposed to get better and as we approach Summer

I was thinking of an initiative /scheme whereby all RDF PTL could schedule to take willing individuals on a run

I was suggesting this could occur on either a Saturday and Sunday with a view to increasing fitness levels in the RDF ie Meet in the Phoenix Park or another suitable location.

This could be ran within each brigade in order to raise the profile of the RDF in terms of fitness among our PDF peers.

All comments welcomed
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

our lot already run round the bks on Sunday AMs
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
      I was suggesting this could occur on either a Saturday and Sunday with a view to increasing fitness levels in the RDF ie Meet in the Phoenix Park or another suitable location.

This could be ran within each brigade in order to raise the profile of the RDF in terms of fitness among our PDF peers.
      Was already attempted in S Bde - the silence from units was deafening

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
        Doing something like that might force them to accept that Fitness is a requirement for a modern and forward looking reserve, and piss a lot of the old guard off.
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Our companys PTL's arrange PT sessions once a week already.
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Docman View Post
            i for 1was not informed of that and trust me i need all the help and support i can get.
            when was this Docman??
            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

S Bde is a big area don't forget there are people outside Cork City (eg Wexford and Limerick).

Comment

We put forward a training syllabus based on the Integrated 2007 syllabus for one training night a month. Shot down at Coy Cmdr level.
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Put forward a weekly training program, list of incentives for the troops and the proposal for a competition which could test mil skills and fitness while improving competitiveness (sp?) and morale amongst the troops. Shot down at sub-unit level. No official sanction for even a weekly fitness session.
                  "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Poor take up on course had nothing to do with interest. I know for a fact several people were falling over themselves to get on last years course.

The empty places or places vacant from dropouts were said to be reserved by RDFTA.

In the end, this didn't happen, even though there was a whole host of eligible people looking to go.
                    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
                      As the weather is supposed to get better and as we approach Summer

I was thinking of an initiative /scheme whereby all RDF PTL could schedule to take willing individuals on a run

All comments welcomed
                      'Tis a fair idea, right enough

I, for one, avail of the facilities in DFTC (ex bike for warm ups/downs, camp area
                      to run in)

Put it to your Coy OC - thanks for offering though....
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Gym in Cathal Brugha recently ran an evening PT sessions for all comers. When an RDF man turned up he was told to f**K off it was PDF only.

Just another brick in the wall.

Comment

Minister for Defence (Mr.Willie O'Dea, T.D.)
                          I am informed by the military authorities that a Reserve Defence Force Physical Training Policy is currently being developed. This policy will address the range of issues and challenges associated with raising the standard of physical fitness in the RDF. A Physical Training Pilot Programme for RDF units has been introduced for 2008 and an RDF Physical Training Leaders Course is planned for July 2008 to support this pilot programme. The military authorities have informed me that members of the RDF may avail of PDF facilities subject to the same Health and Safety restrictions that apply to members of the PDF. There are no plans to pay for gym subscriptions for members of the RDF.
                          Tell him to print this off and bring it with him next time he wants to use the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Gym in Cathal Brugha recently ran an evening PT sessions for all comers. When an RDF man turned up he was told to f**K off it was PDF only.

Just another brick in the wall.
                            Who was the PTI? If it's for all comers, then RDF are just as entitled as anyone else to turn up.

Next time it happens, get your CO to put in a complaint. Nowhere in the gym does it say that it's PDF only.
                            Last edited by Hello Alaska; 4 March 2010, 20:16.

Comment

Yes I know HA I'm not stirring it, that's the truth. It was the evening sessions a couple of months ago that were advertised round the barracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X