photo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo help

anyone recognise the buildings or the uniforms in this photo it could be ireland,uk,canada..!! looks like a workshop or something maybe a barracks, im trying to find a photo (in ireland) of the armoured car jeffery (nash) quad that were in ireland 1917-1921ish....""i would be clad for any info on the photo or the jeffery""
    Attached Files

What does the water mark on the photograph read?

Do you have to original perhaps?
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

HPT,

I'd say it's the word "POSTCARD" in mirror image. A lot of old photos backing paper were postcard templates.

Comment

Originally posted by ias View Post
        HPT,

I'd say it's the word "POSTCARD" in mirror image. A lot of old photos backing paper were postcard templates.
        Jeez yer eyesight is good I cant see any watermark.

Why are they all leaning to the left

Comment

Originally posted by apc View Post
          Jeez yer eyesight is good I cant see any watermark.

Why are they all leaning to the left
          I didnt notice it until it was mentioned

I suspect they are on a slope and the natural thing on a slope is to be vertical rather than perpendicular

Comment

But all the vehicles behind them are relatively in line, they must all suffer from short right leg syndrome

Comment

The first vehicle on the left is flat the rest are slightly tilted as well, its hard to see because they are not square on with the camera.

Comment

Cravat

They seem to be wearing a cravat, Canadian army had cravats in their uniform in the 20's & 30's
                As always, too many christians and never enough lions.

Comment

Might be worth having a look at the following link

http://www.barbarossabooks.eu/1935-a...ce-p-4815.html
                  Last edited by Liachta Cultaca; 12 March 2010, 17:00.
                  I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

it could very well be canada the canadians had them in 1915 and brought them to england 1916/17, there was 20 or 22 of them in ireland so maybe a photo may turn up in time, there is a reference to 2 been in atlone march 1920 and these photos are also 1920 dublin castle 2 jefferys to the right of the peerless armoured cars, the last photo (india 1918) is what they look like
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by vintary; 27 April 2010, 21:27.

Comment

if you put the image into negative there's writing under the P of postcard,
                      it could well be the imprint of the pen tip left on the rear of the photo

it's too low res to make it out

Comment

Originally posted by vintary View Post
                        it could very well be canada the canadians had them in 1915 and brought them to england 1916/17, there was 20 or 22 of them in ireland so maybe a photo may turn up in time, there is a reference to 2 been in atlone march 1920 and these photos are also 1920 dublin castle 2 jefferys to the right of the peerless armoured cars, the last photo (india 1918) is what they look like
                        The first photo taken in Dublin Castle. is taken from the front of The Chester Beatty Library
                        Last edited by sofa; 18 March 2010, 23:17.

Comment

I'll go with post card as the imprint.....the cravats also.

Photos 1 2 3 were taken at the same location. So its established the cars did serve in Ireland but didn't stay here for long...
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            I'll go with post card as the imprint.....the cravats also.

Photos 1 2 3 were taken at the same location. So its established the cars did serve in Ireland but didn't stay here for long...
                            only two photos i just zoomed in on them

Comment

the book,, {war cars by david fletcher bovington tank museum} has a bit about the irish jefferys.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X