• Show
Clear All

• Rte 1 new series skipper

I SEE RTE IS STARTING A NEW PROGRAMME THIS SUN @ 20;30 HRS ON FISHING
    TRAWLERS IS THIS THE IRISH VERSION OF 'DEADLIEST CATCH'
    SHOULD BE WORTH WATCHING ?

According to the radio it is going to be better than "Deadliest Catch"

Comment

I have a feeling it will be more like a lot of complaining by fishermen about not being able to make a living etc . As for being better than Deadliest Catch , remember it's RTE .
      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Deadliest Catch is fairly crap to be honest. Then again, it is RTÉ...
        Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Hi there,
          It'll be a puff-piece, with no rude words and how great fishermen are and how no one tells lies about fish catches or shoddy vessel maintenance or bad or no safety training or how taxes are what other people pay,etc etc.
          regards
          GttC

Comment

Oh yes
            People putting a net into the water & then taking it out of the water....
            riveting television no doubt.......
            I do hope that there is at least 1 naval boarding in the series.....
            What do you mean abandon ship
            Are they taking requests?

Comment

RTE deadly catch

Have to admit viewing it felt it was a bit harmless.

Comment

I do hope that there is at least 1 naval boarding in the series..
                nah....far to civilized these days for our blood damo..safety concious..life jackets hard hats......viosrs, typhoon suits,

Not our scene at all.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Well I learned something , did not know that we had fishermen from Egypt in Ireland , knew we had a lot from eastern europe but you live & learn.....
                  Fairly harmless so far but looking forward to the episode when they run out of milk for the cereal could be a mutiny.......

Comment

Fairly harmless so far but looking forward to the episode when they run out of milk for the cereal could be a mutiny
                    remember 'Plastic Milk'...stuff out the packet ..add water......never touched milk since!!!!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                      remember 'Plastic Milk'...stuff out the packet ..add water......never touched milk since!!!!
                      It tastes better if you cook it and then chill it ,put it into the empty real milk cartons and place it in the mess room fridge and no one ever knew the difference .

Comment

OOOHhhhhhh yummy.......
                        Even better than the real thing.......

Comment

It tastes better if you cook it and then chill it ,put it into the empty real milk cartons and place it in the mess room fridge and no one ever knew the difference .
                          thanks Laners...I really needed to know that...any morelittle secrets you might let us in on.

Why was dinner on the first day of any patrol roast Chicken?

Comment

thanks Laners...I really needed to know that...any morelittle secrets you might let us in on.

Why was dinner on the first day of any patrol roast Chicken?
                            They were easier to cook from frozen .

Comment

RTE deadly catch

Episode 2 also harmless, cameras must be s/o when weather gets up.
                              The trawler Ainmire featured sank earlier this year off the Butt of Lewis while under tow to Stornaway by another trawler Our Hazel,all 5 crew ok,loss due to flooding and a mcib report will issue in about 2 years time.

Comment

Working...
                              X