Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiki Leaks

Whats the general consensous on the recent tratiorous thefts to wiki leaks

You may be suprised to find I am totally against them as the risks to serving

soldiers far out weigh any public disclosure nonsense- but like everything

if someone comes with a coherent and logical argument I can change my mind-

Maybe if a mod wants to put in a wikileaks good wikileaks bad

poll- then that would be super.

Tim- note the word coherent and for coherent read no rambling-

RGJ- even you couldnt turn this into a recruiting thread- ala your leaks are better than

ours
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

lol

fair on Hedgie, i'm not so worried about the military aspect of what has been revealed in wikileaks but i am more worried about what the likes of certain Mouth Organs try to do with it to exploit and manipulate the information within to try pull the wool on people and sway public opinion.

the troops can deal with bad Taliban in Afghan but they can't deal with bad public at home.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

What some people fail to understand is that wikileaks will publish any and all reports, including initial sitreps. Often, initial sitreps are incomplete or inaccurate, and are supplemented / corrected by subsequent sitreps. Wikileaks will not group them to tell the real story, as this would go against the aim of the site...
      "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Well, I'm totally against this fcker releasing sensitive information.. FYI names of Afghan Elders who were "SECRETLY" assisting the coalition have been named..the taliban have already said they will kill any one who has been assisting the coalition. This cnut has blood on his hands.

Comment

good point, following on from my comments earlier - the leaks will only do more bad than good and as Crag has rightly pointed out, those who have to live in Helmand have now been put in jeopardy.

so in answer to your question Hedgie, i am totally against them for obvious reasons.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Despite the respect I have for Hedge and RGJ, I disagree with them. I see their point and don't dispute it, but decades of uber-secrecy has allowedAmerica and others to continue to operate foreign policy with the constant threat of superior military force against anyone who holds a different view. As such it undermines the delelopment of democratic diplomacy. That bigger picture is more important to me.

Comment

I think it's sickening that he released the information. Traitor to each and every of his countrymen who is over there.

Comment

Tempest

Mate you dont have to worry about disagreeing with me-

everyone else does- hell I am that much of a schizo I argue with myself.

Comment

Looks like those rape charges against Assbag err Assange have been dropped...
                  "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh View Post
                    Looks like those rape charges against Assbag err Assange have been dropped...
                    Who?

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                      Who?
                      Swedish rape warrant for Wikileaks' Assange cancelled..

Sweden has cancelled an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on accusations of rape and molestation.

The Swedish Prosecution Authority website said the chief prosecutor had come to the decision that Mr Assange was not suspected of rape but did not give any further explanation.

The warrant was issued late on Friday.

Wikileaks, which has been criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, had quoted Mr Assange as saying the charges were "without basis".

Continue reading the main story
                      Related stories

Profile: Julian Assange
                      What is Wikileaks?
                      New age of whistle-blowing
                      That message, which appeared on Twitter and was attributed directly to Mr Assange, said the appearance of the allegations "at this moment is deeply disturbing".

In a series of other messages posted on the Wikileaks Twitter feed, the whistle-blowing website said: "No-one here has been contacted by Swedish police", and that it had been warned to expect "dirty tricks".

In its "official blog" on Saturday before the warrant was cancelled, Wikileaks said it was "deeply concerned about the seriousness of these allegations. We the people behind Wikileaks think highly of Julian and and he has our full support".

The current whereabouts of Mr Assange, a 39-year-old Australian, are unclear.

More documents
                      The Swedish Prosecution Authority website said chief prosecutor Eva Finne had come to the decision that Julian Assange was not subject to arrest.

In a brief statement Eva Finne said: "I don't think there is reason to suspect that he has committed rape."

The website said there would be no further immediate comment.

Earlier, Karin Rosander, communications head at Sweden's prosecutors' office, said there were two separate allegations against Mr Assange, one of rape and the other of molestation. She gave no details of the accusations. She said that as far as she knew they related to alleged incidents that took place in Sweden.

Media reports say Mr Assange was in Sweden last week to talk about his work and defend the decision by Wikileaks to publish the Afghan war logs.

Last month, Wikileaks published more than 75,000 secret US military documents on the war in Afghanistan.

US authorities criticised the leak, saying it could put the lives of coalition soldiers and Afghans, especially informers, at risk.

Mr Assange has said that Wikileaks is intending to release a further 15,000 documents in the coming weeks.

An arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange on rape accusations is abruptly cancelled by Swedish authorities just hours after it was issued.

Comment

Thats some mighty fine detective work there Craggy

Someone wants to join the elite group in CBB

Thanks for the info by the way

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post