Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camelbak Repair

Have a 3l Camelbak Omega Bladder.

Through my own fault, there is damage on one of the seams and it leaks water.

Anyone know anywhere that will be able to repair it that won't cost a fortune?

Replace it.I have never heard of anywhere that repairs them.Open to correction on this though.Probably still cheaper to replace than repair though.How new was it? It may still be under guarantee.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

I got a 3l source in Great outdoors for €30 a couple of months back.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

El bin -o

Just get yourself a canteen. They dont break
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
          El bin -o

Just get yourself a canteen. They dont break
          Yeah they do. I've broken 2 of the issue ones and 2 of the proper american style ones. And that was just by dropping them from my own height.

In 3 of the cases it was the cap that broke and in one of them it split half way down the seam.

Comment

You could try a heat sealing type repair where the seam is heated and put in press to reform the joint.

Whats the base material and would it stand up to heat joint.?
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Give superglue a shot before you bin it.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

They were worth about $25 (US) in the PX a couple of years ago; if you know anyone in Afg, ask them to send one.
                If you can wait until late nov / early dec, I can check them out when I get there.
                "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Just get this!

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                    You could try a heat sealing type repair where the seam is heated and put in press to reform the joint.

Whats the base material and would it stand up to heat joint.?
                    The original seam is done with heat sealing. But where would I get a repair like that done?

Comment

The only way to repair them would be to do something similar to a bicycle tire repair with a patch, but then you risk getting poisoned. Also the superglue would dissolve the material the pouch is made out of. The only thing you could really do if you are really stuck and can't get another one, is to put something like duct tape on the outside and hope it holds, but otherwise, just bin it and get a new one. I recommend source.
                      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Anybody spot this. Basically an updated,molle compatible version of the "aquapacks" they made for us for Liberia.
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod
                          http://www.source-militaryshop.com/i...&products_id=3
                          A bit pricey all the same...but Irish woodland is one of the buying options
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                            Anybody spot this. Basically an updated,molle compatible version of the "aquapacks" they made for us for Liberia.
                            http://www.source-militaryshop.com/i...&products_id=3
                            That is the one issued for Liberia:

The Irish woodland version hasn't got molle bits on it. You can see a proper pic of it in that link if you hover the mouse over the part where it says Irish woodland at the bottom of the page.

They had it on the IMO shop a while back. I bought one, but it was being sold for 70euro at the time and came with a 3ltr SOURCE bladder which i thought was good.

SOURCE also used to make versions of this in Irish DPM:

But they're out of stock at the moment. I've seen one of them before while on a course, you can attach them to the top of the bergen via those 4 loops, which seems handy.
                            Last edited by spaceghetti; 30 August 2010, 01:02.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                              SOURCE also used to make versions of this in Irish DPM:

But they're out of stock at the moment. I've seen one of them before while on a course, you can attach them to the top of the bergen via those 4 loops, which seems handy.

Close but no cigar, this is the actual one. Cost me €95 when I got it, but its worth its weight in gold!

I also have one of them backpacks, don't think much of it, so I never use it.
                              Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X