Europe's largest Military Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe's largest Military Exercise

Europe's largest military exercise has got underway as a multinational ensemble of sea, air and land forces battle it out around the coast of the United Kingdom as part of Exercise Joint Warrior.

Over the next two weeks 8,000 servicemen and women will take part in the exercise which involves personnel from 14 nations, thirty ships, three submarines, seven helicopter units, 14 land-based air units and 11 separate ground forces.

Exercise Joint Warrior is a UK-wide, tri-Service exercise conducted in spring and autumn each year.

Read more here:

www - Ex Joint Warrior

i've been involved in this once before, any chance of the Irish DF getting involved or have they been in the past?
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Ask murf. He was "Involved" in Purple Warrior long ago.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

i've been involved in this once before, any chance of the Irish DF getting involved or have they been in the past?
      Were asked to observe in 1987 but delined the official invite but sneaked alook in any way.

'Operation Purple Warrior' as it was that year ( who the **** comes up with these names?)
      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post

I highly doubt we'll be getting involved.

Didn't you hear? The Government has decided we need to spend some time "housekeeping"

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
          I highly doubt we'll be getting involved.

Didn't you hear? The Government has decided we need to spend some time "housekeeping"
          Well if that housekeeping involves throwing the baby out with the bath water, the government are doing a mighty job!
          Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

All we did was mooned the RN and chased off the Russians....and took a few photos but the scale of the thing was brilliant.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

lol, oh well!

maybe next time.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
              X