Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guchi new Leatherman

Can't wait to see the scramble to have these hanging off tac vests:

COMING IN SEPTEMBER The Leatherman MUT is the first multi-tool that functions as both a tactical and practical tool for military, LE, or civilian shooters. The MUT features multiple areas on the tool threaded for cleaning rods and brushes and all the screwdriver bits are sized for standard military and civilian sighting adjustment work. Also built into the design of the tool is the flexibility to replace the most commonly used parts on the spot, using a simple Torx #8, keeping down-time to a minimum. With all this, a MOLLE sheath and scope adjustment wrench included, the Leatherman MUT may very well be the most efficient and useful piece in your kit.
    Or even the MUT EOD

The Leatherman MUT EOD has everything you need in an easy-access configuration for your specialized line of work. Official Online Store of Leatherman.

COMING IN SEPTEMBER When you're under pressure, the last thing you need to be worried about is having the right tools on you at the right time. From cap crimpers, a beefy field blade, and fuse-wire cutters, to a carbon scraper, bolt override tool and a replaceable C4 punch, the Leatherman MUT EOD has everything you need in an easy-access configuration for your specialized line of work. Accomplish your mission, maintain your field gear and lighten up your kit. All in a day's work.

I was looking at one for a birthday pressie. Any indication of the vulgar amount of dosh I'll be parting with for one?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

I'm sure this has been posted 3 or 4 times elsewhere in the past by other people

Comment

this is the Gerber we get issued. it's not as good as the Leatherman above but it's still a decent bit of kit:

RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
          I'm sure this has been posted 3 or 4 times elsewhere in the past by other people
          Mention of it back in April by one post.... .... ....

Comment

Is it magnetic or anti magnetic
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

i've been issued and managed to snap both Leathermans and Gerbers so my choice comes down to design.

i think the Gerbers at the lower end of the market are better than the Leathermans but at the more premier end of the market it's a closer race.

still great bits of kit. our new issue torches are Gerber too.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                I don't like Gerbers, I think the metal they're made of is too soft.
                They loosen too easily also.

My bike toolkit(Leatherman wave) has seen me through 3 bikes so far and is still as difficult to open as when I first got it, in 2002.
                Nothing worse than a loose pliers etc.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

So, you reckon the Wave model is the way to go?

That MUT does look badass though...
                  Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Comment

Im on my third Leatherman in 13 years.first lasted ten years, second about 18 months(three blades chipped so back to shop for a new one) and the third, a Core, has now one chipped small blade. they're tough, no mistake.Always thought gerber too expensive and not as versatile as leatherman.
                    regards
                    GttC

Comment

Its a bit like the victorinox vs wenger debate tbh, although I've always went for leatherman myself. The MUT is on the buy list though.......

Comment

http://www.leatherman.co.uk/product/Charge_ALX

I want this one!
                        Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Are you allowed buy multi-tools from overseas? Or would they get stopped by customs because they count as a knife or something along those lines?

Comment

No problems importing them, unless the appropriate VAT(?) rate hasn't been paid, in which case you pay a little extra. eBay are pretty good for these, especially Gerbers from the US which can be bought for as little as €30 ex postage.
                            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
                              Are you allowed buy multi-tools from overseas? Or would they get stopped by customs because they count as a knife or something along those lines?
                              Customs don't charge duty on blades, last time I checked.
                              Don't carry it in hand luggage of course.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X