British Prime Minister appoints new military assistant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Prime Minister appoints new military assistant

Prime Minister David Cameron announced the appointment of Colonel Jim Morris of the Royal Marines as his new military assistant yesterday, Wednesday 13 October 2010.

This is a new post which has been created by the Prime Minister to further strengthen the Government's and the No 10 team's links to the Armed Forces.

this is brilliant news for us, particularly with the imminent SDSR ahead.

shame he is a Bootneck though
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Great news for the Senior service.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

yeah, but he is more of a Grunt than a Sailor
      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Is that something like the ADC that the Taoiseach and President have here or will it be more of an advisory role?

Comment

it's an advisory role and nothing to do with pomp and circumstance or being his batman.
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Prime Minister seems to have saved the MOD from cuts too. Good news.

Comment

i'm glad i voted for him.

he said eh wouldn't let us down and he hasn't.

tough times ahead but that's life right now.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

adviser

His appointment wont do any harm to those advocating retention of the Abion Bulwark etc in face of Naval cuts.

Comment

Fantastic! now all we need is a new Prime Minister!
                  Theirs not to make reply,
                  Theirs not to reason why,
                  Theirs but to do and die:
                  Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by mugs View Post
                    Fantastic! now all we need is a new Prime Minister!
                    would you really prefer Gordon Brown?

David Cameron is what we need to get this country back on it's feet - whilst being loyal to the Military Covenant.

anyhow - the fact that he has appointed a military adviser in the first place should be commended - i can't see any other potential PM doing such a thing, particularly at such a time.
                    RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Labour were happy enough taking military advice from the retired TA officers who are now MPs.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                        would you really prefer Gordon Brown?

David Cameron is what we need to get this country back on it's feet - whilst being loyal to the Military Covenant.

anyhow - the fact that he has appointed a military adviser in the first place should be commended - i can't see any other potential PM doing such a thing, particularly at such a time.
                        I agree that Gordon Brown lost the last election for the Labour Government but Mr Cameron and his cronies are not the answer. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

People are being spoon feed this crap that the deficit needs cut fast. IT DOESN'T!! The cuts they are proposing could be stretched out over twice the length of time they are planning to impliment them.

By cutting too fast and too deep he's going to force thousands of public sector workers onto the dole. This will shake the economy and the Private sector won't grow. This will mean that there will be no jobs for them to go to.

That will be devastating for the likes of Northern Ireland and the North East of England where there are no major private sector employers. People are going to find themselves in the position of having Mr Cameron threatening to cut their dole if they don't get a job, a job that doesn't exist!!

Unfortunately it may take a couple of years for people to realise what a mistake electing that Thatcherite David Cameron actually was.

The one good thing to have come out of this is that the people have seen the true colours of that Nick "I would sell my soul to the devil to get into office" Clegg.
                        Last edited by mugs; 17 October 2010, 12:38.
                        Into the valley of Death
                        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I agree that Gordon Brown lost the last election for the Labour Government but Mr Cameron and his cronies are not the answer. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't.

People are being spoon feed this crap that the deficit needs cut fast. IT DOESN'T!! The cuts they are proposing could be stretched out over twice the length of time they are planning to impliment them.

By cutting too fast and too deep he's going to force thousands of public sector workers onto the dole. This will shake the economy and the Private sector won't grow. This will mean that there will be no jobs for them to go to.

That will be devastating for the likes of Northern Ireland and the North East of England where there are no major private sector employers. People are going to find themselves in the position of having Mr Cameron threatening to cut their dole if they don't get a job, a job that doesn't exist!!

Unfortunately it may take a couple of years for people to realise what a mistake electing that Thatcherite David Cameron actually was.

The one good thing to have come out of this is that the people have seen the true colours of that Nick "I would sell my soul to the devil to get into office" Clegg.
                          Unfortunately, you are correct, and unfortunately, the Irish government is doing the exact same thing.
                          Voodoo economics?

Comment

i knew the devil that was Brown and he didn't support us nor equip us properly, he had his chance and failed the military miserably.

i'm pretty sure Brown would be happy to cut us more than 10% and would not have appointed a military adviser.

so i'm glad as a serving soldier we have Cameron at the helm, closely aided by his Royal Marines Military Adviser offering us some form of top cover.

this devil in the form of Cameron is far better for the forces.
                            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                              i knew the devil that was Brown and he didn't support us nor equip us properly, he had his chance and failed the military miserably.

i'm pretty sure Brown would be happy to cut us more than 10% and would not have appointed a military adviser.

so i'm glad as a serving soldier we have Cameron at the helm, closely aided by his Royal Marines Military Adviser offering us some form of top cover.

this devil in the form of Cameron is far better for the forces.
                              Cameron would have cut the MOD budget if there was a deficit or not. The fact that the MOD are engaged in Afghanistan is the only thing saving the MOD from bigger cuts. Cameron knows that would be political suicide.

Anyway this is a bit off topic.
                              Into the valley of Death
                              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Working...
                              X