Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leb Medal

Im looking for some advice/help please,

My father served in the Defence Forces a long time ago and he was over seas in Lebanon.

Now since that time i am lead to believe the Lebanese government have issued a medal to UN troops who served there, or some thing along the lines of that.

He said in passing he is entitled to it but he never got around to applying for it.

Could anyone give me some info on this medal and possible how i would go about applying for it for him? Or would he have to do it himself?

Any help would be great, if any one even knows what i am on about!

RTB

I think this is a bluff medal the leb vets organisation have sorted out. Their website seems to be gone now.

Comment

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Any medal you have to pay cold hard cash for is not official despite the bumf put out about it.

This particular one is being called the Lebanese Appreciation Medal,

when in fact it is The Lebanese Medal of Military Merit, in Bronze 3 Class

awarded to Lebanese Military Officers for Military Merit.

Class I and Class II have never been awarded to any Lebanese Military Officers

since its inception.

A search around the net can locate these Lebanese third class for about 35 Euro, (Postage extra)
          take care certain Military Veteran Associations are offering them on their Websites for lots more,
          you get a meaningless certificate as well for the extra 20 -30 plus euro.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            As far as I know IUNVA never offered this medal however the "Irish Legion"

Lebanese Medal of Appreciation

The Lebanese Medal of Appreciation was presented by the Lebanese Government
            to Lebanon United Nations Veterans in appreciation of their Service and
            sacrifice to Lebanon under the Flag of the UN.

Lebanon Veterans and the
            families of Veterans who were killed while serving in Lebanon are entitled
            to this Medal.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEDAL IS NOT RECOGNISED BY THE IRISH ARMY

The Irish Legion are Agents for this Medal and information on
            obtaining this Medal can be had by contacting the Irish Legion's Secretary,
            Charles Cambridge at secretary@irishlegion.com

Irish Legion Association
            21 Carbery Grove
            Knocknaheeny
            Cork City
            Ireland
            Phone: 00353 (0)21-4309900

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
              As far as I know IUNVA never offered this medal however the "Irish Legion"
              Was there a scorp within the irish leb vets association( who originally offered the bluff medal) leading to this crew? Dodgy lokking norries

Comment

Working...
              X