Reg Number query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Number query

I seem to remember when the CRVs and MRVs arrived initially, they were registered in Kildare, however I saw this photo the other day and got confused.

Did they change back?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

awesome bit of kit tho, looks great.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      I seem to remember when the CRVs and MRVs arrived initially, they were registered in Kildare, however I saw this photo the other day and got confused.
      Thats because youre a red neck
      Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

I'll have you know my neck is nicely brown.
        Gonna offer any other wisdom?

Comment

Yea Munster are "shockin turrible at de rubgy loike "
          Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Topic?

Comment

IIRC, the initial batch were 'D' registered and the DoD only started using 'KE' plates in the last two years.
              IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

this reminds me of something very funny when i brought my brother-in-law from Kilkenny over to our barracks in Wiltshire and i showed him all our APC's in the vehicle park.

British Army vehicles are all uniquely registered with 2 numbers, 2 letters then 2 numbers, like 56 DF 78 for example.

it just so happens that all the APC's we had were using KK as the middle 2 letters, like 12 KK 34 for example.

first thing my brother-in-law (from Kilkenny remember) says, whislt stood in a British Army barracks looking at all the British Army APC's is "Jeses, and would ya look at that - every feckin one of them registered in Kilkenny - isn't that amazing?" - i was like "WTF?!"
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Not to mention being so old - pre WW1!!!
                  'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
                  'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
                  Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
                  He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
                  http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

I knew of a man who had a Navy Vauxhall Omega some years back, which he had imported from the UK. Unfortunately there wasn't much of a motor trade in his Home county on the year of the vehicle, so he too ended up with a 2-2-2 combination. Unfortunately for him, his work took him to the fishing ports of Sligo and Donegal. Everywhere he went, people didn't make eye contact, and he was reguarly cut up when driving the roads. It was even worse when he carpooled.
                    He sold his 88RNxx soon after, and the locals became much more friendly. It seems many were familiar with the MoD registration scheme, and presumed that being a Vauxhall and not an opel, with the RN letters, he was an undercover member of the Royal Navy or something.

In other news.

I knew it.

Comment

the KE reg was mentioned before but apart from the one APC I have not seen anything but D reg.

All the Mitsubishis and the New MAN recovery are D reg.

SO where is the idea that there is a switch comming from?
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Hard to see it in the photo above, but all the Cav APCs with RWS are KE reg.

Comment

We had clearer photos on the site back in 2005 when the RWS vehicles were first delivered, might be handy if someone would rescue the 'Gallery'
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            We had clearer photos on the site back in 2005 when the RWS vehicles were first delivered, might be handy if someone would rescue the 'Gallery'

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post

Did they change back?
                              is this photograph a recent one taken in Ireland ie. the snow or is it one taken on deployment to the Nordic Battlegroup

Comment

Working...
                              X