Research Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Information

I'm doing a thesis and hoping to get some info on what Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) they British or American military use. Also refered to as EAM or Asset Management systems.
    I'm looking into the computerisation of the workshop. I've looked on the net and contacted a few points in the stated militaries but no answers of yet.
    Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried the DF (it would be MIF/IMS but not sure if it covers maintenance).

Try (there should be someone able to tell you there or point you in the right direction).

Comment

we use JAMES, developed by Lockheed Martin.

anything is nothing unless JAMES knows about it.

Attached Files
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

i just noticed - that Chally2 is registered in Kilkenny
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          i just noticed - that Chally2 is registered in Kilkenny
          Don't you know all the best stuff comes from Kilkenny
          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
            Have you tried the DF (it would be MIF/IMS but not sure if it covers maintenance).

Try (there should be someone able to tell you there or point you in the right direction).
            http://www.arrse.co.uk/reme/
            I'm comparing to the DF so I have all the info from them that is available.
            Thanks for the link, Ill get onto them.

we use JAMES, developed by Lockheed Martin.

anything is nothing unless JAMES knows about it.

Thanks very much, Ill check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
              Don't you know all the best stuff comes from Kilkenny
              that's why i'm married to a girl from there

Originally posted by Slaphead View Post
              I'm comparing to the DF so I have all the info from them that is available.
              Thanks for the link, Ill get onto them.

Thanks very much, Ill check it out.
              British Army's JAMES system:

www.lockheedmartin.com/JAMES

more here too:

www.lockheedmartin.com/aboutJAMES

JAMES is everywhere and most of our vehicles are all fitted with GPS trackers and 'Black Boxes' to record not only where, but how we drive our vehicles - all this info is fed into JAMES. i've seen lads hauled into the MTO's office for tea without biscuits to 'discuss' their driving in military vehicles where they thought they were out of sight and out of mind, but JAMES always knows!

it is fully deployable and comes with it's own ruggedised laptops for use in the field and it can use Combat Net Radio aswell as any military network to send it's data back to it's servers.

as we keep getting told - "anything is nothing unless JAMES knows about it".

Please find the link to official JAMES PowerPoint Presentation (UNCLASS) below:

JAMES Presentation

i'm pretty sure this is what you are after Slaphead and i hope this helps you out.
              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 15 December 2010, 09:21.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

that's why i'm married to a girl from there

British Army's JAMES system:

www.lockheedmartin.com/JAMES

more here too:

www.lockheedmartin.com/aboutJAMES

JAMES is everywhere and most of our vehicles are all fitted with GPS trackers and 'Black Boxes' to record not only where, but how we drive our vehicles - all this info is fed into JAMES. i've seen lads hauled into the MTO's office for tea without biscuits to 'discuss' their driving in military vehicles where they thought they were out of sight and out of mind, but JAMES always knows!

it is fully deployable and comes with it's own ruggedised laptops for use in the field and it can use Combat Net Radio aswell as any military network to send it's data back to it's servers.

as we keep getting told - "anything is nothing unless JAMES knows about it".

Please find the link to official JAMES PowerPoint Presentation (UNCLASS) below:

JAMES Presentation

i'm pretty sure this is what you are after Slaphead and i hope this helps you out.
                That s perfect, exactly what I needed, thanks very much. Is the powerpoint taken from the Lockheed site? I just want to know who/what to reference the material from.

Comment

yes mate it's all UNCLASS from Lockheed Martin, i can't disclose what we have on our systems.
                  RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                  X