Clear All

• For Sale: 1 x CVR-T Sabre

CVR-T SABRE for Sale

Armament: 30mm RARDEN CANNON

Engine: Cummins BTA 5.9 litre diesel

1 previous owner, full service history,

a bargain at £15,000

Click here to purchase: www.thexmod.com/sabre

not a bad price for a great little vehicle.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Unusual to find one with both engine and gun. Usually its one or the other.

Isn't sabre a former scorpion that was refitted with a Fox turret(rather than a Scimitar which was built that way).

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      Isn't sabre a former scorpion that was refitted with a Fox turret(rather than a Scimitar which was built that way).
      Correct

Comment

yeah you're right Goldie, it was quite popular with the troops as they always liked the Rarden Cannon and it was a pretty decent turret but when it was on the Fox chassis it was pretty useless.

combining the 2 was a good move and allowed use the same ammo on our old Scorpions in the form of a Sabre.

here is a pic of the Sabre in use by my battalion in Bosnia in 1997:

would this Sabre at £15,000 be handy for spares for the Irish DF or could it be put into another role like driver training i wonder?
        RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

would this Sabre at £15,000 be handy for spares for the Irish DF or could it be put into another role like driver training i wonder
          Why spend 15K on something that has come to the end of its useful life in the BA.

We have sufficient scorpions for driver training given they have nor ever will be deployed operationally.
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
            yeah you're right Goldie, it was quite popular with the troops as they always liked the Rarden Cannon and it was a pretty decent turret but when it was on the Fox chassis it was pretty useless.

combining the 2 was a good move and allowed use the same ammo on our old Scorpions in the form of a Sabre.
            I presume the Rarden in the Scimitar was/is the same in the Fox/Sabre?

Why were they converted? Not enough Scimitars?

Comment

Sorry mate, your scorps had a different gun completely. A 76mm.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Sabre would have been re-engined to diesel I think, so there would be little if any common parts between our Scorpions and it.
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  Sabre would have been re-engined to diesel I think, so there would be little if any common parts between our Scorpions and it.
                  yeah fair one i forgot about the engine upgrade we had.

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Sorry mate, your scorps had a different gun completely. A 76mm.
                  yes i know - and that's why by combining the Fox / Scorpion hybrid that became the Sabre with the already in service Scimitar fitted with the same 30mm Rarden Cannon which had already been proven effective in combat in the Falklands - they could use the same ammo and exploit the same training - therefore it was a good move.
                  RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                  X