Funeral of Congo veteran.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funeral of Congo veteran.

From the Irish Times of Monday 14th March, 2011.

Just two days ago, mourners gathered in the same church for the funeral Mass of Mr Allen’s neighbour James Boyce, who was found murdered at his home on the same day.

A former Army veteran, Mr Boyce (72) had been beaten to death in his hallway before he was locked in his upstairs bedroom.

Mr Boyce, who served with distinction as part of the UN forces in the Congo in 1961, was found after meals-on-wheels staff entered his home when he failed to answer the door and neighbours had become concerned.

Mr Boyce received a UN medal for his military service after surviving an attack on a platoon of Irish soldiers while he was in the Congo.

A sad end for a veteran. RIP.

a tragedy caused by a scumbag.

RIP soldier
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

rip
      Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

A tragic waste of a gentle soul,

May he +Rest In Peace +

Sympathy and Condolences to his family Friends and former Comrades.

I see the article was obviously composed by somebody with little understanding of what the U.N. Service medal was issued for, and the comment with regards "to the six years he served with the UN peacekeeping mission in the Congo", which in reality only lasted from "July 1960 – June 1964"
        Do they ever bother to research any details??

Comment

It would be difficult to mention soldiering in Limerick without mentioning the Boyce name.

R.I.P.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

R i p

Comment

Rip

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                It would be difficult to mention soldiering in Limerick without mentioning the Boyce name.

R.I.P.
                Along with tragic deaths

RIP \:)|
                "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

R.i.p

Comment

Rip

Comment

Working...
                    X