Pte John Doyle C Coy 62 Res Inf Bn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pte John Doyle C Coy 62 Res Inf Bn

It is with a heavy heart I have to inform you of the Sudden Death of Pte John Doyle (RDF), 'C' Coy, 62 Res Inf Bn. Son of the deceased Sgt John (Horse) Doyle (PDF).

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

RIP My sincerest condolences to friends, family, and comrades.

Comment

R i p
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Rip

Comment

I knew Horse very well

that indeed is sad news-

Condolonces to his family and to his comrades.
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rip \:)|

Comment

i know nothing about Pte John Doyle but as a fellow soldier, RIP anyhow.
                RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Rest in Peace.

In another piece of sad news a 19 year old reservist in Kilkenny took his own life yesterday afternoon.
                  The tragedy took place in his home.

Condolences to family and friends.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Rest in peace
                    Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

The death has occurred of John DOYLE of Ballinahinch, Newtownmountkennedy, Wicklow
                      Suddenly, at his residence. He will be sadly missed by his loving mum Mary, sisters, Louise, Michelle and Mary, extended family and a large circle of friends.
                      Rest In Peace

Reposing at his residence from 9am tomorrow, Wednesday, with removal on Thursday morning at 10.30am, walking to St. Joseph's Church, Newtownmountkennedy, arriving for Funeral Mass at 11am. Burial afterwards in Kilmurray Cemetery. Family flowers only, please. Donations, if desired, to Suicide Awareness. (Donation box inside Church).
                      Last edited by Vickers; 22 March 2011, 13:11.
                      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

May he + Rest In Peace +

Sympathy & Condolences to his Family, Friends and Comrades.

Comment

Rest In Peace
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Rip
                            Bohs till I die

Comment

Rest in Peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X