3* Training - LMG Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3* Training - LMG Info

Question, where could i get information on the bren, relevant to 3* training and any other information sources available for other aspects would be be both useful and appreciated. I bet many other 2* members of the board are looking for the same thing. Again thanks for the input.

This has been asked before, if you use the search function at the top of the page to find previously discussed matters before posting it can be useful.

Anyway, a very useful site is: http://www.weapons.org.uk/bren/manual.html

Original thread: http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...highlight=bren

Another thread discussing weapons manuals is: http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/b...hlight=manuals

Comment

Thank u

sorry about that will do so in the future.

Comment

More, courtesy of google.

Comment

You need to get your hands on the official Irish Bren manual - which your training corporals should have.

The websites are good - but for some reason some of the basic characteristics are different to that listed in the Irish Army manual (e.g. weight unloaded is 19.5lbs , length=42.5") and some of the terminology and partnames used on the websites are different from the official Irish Army names. In fact, different websites are different for both the MkI and MkII.

If you are going to learn the Bren's characteristics - it is as well to learn them right from the start - cos it will only confuse if you learn first one thing - then another.

Comment

Originally posted by landmark
            which your training corporals should have.

your kidding right?
            You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

This is an issue, the Irish version of the Bren is the MkIII.

Comment

Originally posted by landmark
                which your training corporals should have.
                They do from where I'm sitting ...
                Last edited by landmark; 6 November 2003, 17:24.

Comment

never seen a bren manual foret about it in a years time it will be replased by the gpmgs hopefully in good condiction and youll be able to ask " did you ever fire the bren" you dont need a manual anyhow your ncos should have managed a few handouts during there time, parts and a Ais are all you need can send you the AI s if you want
                  "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

The bren is easy, becase all ( or most ) parts are big, so it's easy to strip and put back together. it's easy to fire and fun an auto. and as for the nameing of parts and youy should be givein a handout at camp.

Comment

It's very hard to get any type of manuals. You should ask senior nco's or officers in your unit ( ones that have been around for ages) and they might have one.

Comment

I have a number of Bren Manuals here..any attempts I have made to return them to stores have been met with Laughter.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Same here....nice new shiny manual on my desk......we seem to have more manuals in circulation thean actual bren guns.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Ta an Leamhleabhair Inneal Gunna Eadrom (IGE) agam.

[MOD: If you are going to go all native on us please use the slopey line thingie where appropriate.]
                            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

:(
                              Last edited by mac dara; 29 February 2004, 16:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X